Fender ultra series. sighhhhhh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender ultra series. sighhhhhh

Ok, so it's nice that Fender has finally entered this century with modern features on their instruments. But the prices are stupid unreasonable. There are other options that offer the same thing for way less, and have been for a few decades now. Pass.

Re: Fender ultra series. sighhhhhh

Entered this century? Ibanez and Charvel made those upgrades to the basic strat theme back in the 1980's....
    $1900.00 for a basic Strat with a few upgrades that should have been included 35 years ago? No thanks.
    Last edited by Mr. B; 11-11-2019, 06:28 PM.

Comment

There's already a thread on this, but, yes, outside of some cool paint schemes, there's really nothing to see here...

Comment

I do really like the colors.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Cool story.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Give them about 4 years, and everyone will be snatching up the used ones....
            aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

More importantly . . . when will Warmoth offer an identical body/neck? :P
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

People usually give me the dirty looks when I confess that I couldn't be less interested in their "historicvintagestandardmodernultrarelic" Gibson or Fender. "Innovations" like these confirm that I have made the right choice not to care about these guitars. Some years ago it used to be a strictly Strat and LP aversion only, but sadly enough these sentiments are starting to seep into my thoughts whenever I think of any big name, once glorius brand, not just these two. At least they're sticking to their guns, so that should be kinda positive. If only it didn't mean that they're shamelessly ripping off their fans...
                Last edited by nexion218; 11-12-2019, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
                  Give them about 4 years, and everyone will be snatching up the used ones....
                  I wonder what innovations they will have on the new models in 4 years.

Comment

Looked at a new Lincoln Brewster Stat a few weeks ago and though the same thing. Really cool guitar BUT the $ of $1900 street was nuts for the quality of the build. Drop a grand off the price cool guitar but in that price range would just buy another Kiesel that would stomp an absolute mudhole in that Fender in quality of build, offer better materials and more options at the same price!
                    Guitars
                    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

I'm sticking with my G&Ls.

Bill
                      When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Bill View Post
                        I'm sticking with my G&Ls.

Bill
                        I have a friend who right now uses Fender Ultras and G&Ls on tour.

She said the new Fender Ultras have supplanted the G&Ls as her numbers 1s -they are stunning.

Of course, thats a preference and opinion, but at least that gives you an idea of what Fender is accomplishing.
                        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                          I have a friend who right now uses Fender Ultras and G&Ls on tour.

She said the new Fender Ultras have supplanted the G&Ls as her numbers 1s -they are stunning.

Of course, thats a preference and opinion, but at least that gives you an idea of what Fender is accomplishing.
                          Not saying they are not nice guitars. They are just in a price range with a bunch of guitars that are a LOT better in materials and workmanship. Example with be this in stock Kiesel as it will kill them head to head!
                          The Kiesel Guitars Custom Shop makes pro quality guitars, basses, pickups and accessories for musicians of all levels. Made in the USA, ...
                          Guitars
                          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Example with be this in stock Kiesel as it will kill them head to head!
                            And you KNOW this.... HOW?
                            aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

No Kiesel I've ever played can touch a Fender that is 1/2 that cost. But I've played equally expensive Music Mans, Valley Arts, Suhr, and Warmoths that were better than even CS-level Fenders.

Comment

Working...
                              X