Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fender ultra series. sighhhhhh

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
    Not saying they are not nice guitars. They are just in a price range with a bunch of guitars that are a LOT better in materials and workmanship. Example with be this in stock Kiesel as it will kill them head to head!
    https://www.kieselguitars.com/guitars-in-stock/140905
    I'm a fan of Kiesel/Carvin, too, but I wouldn't go that far. The Ultras are going to be top-notch in every way and I can guarantee they will be supremely playable as far as "Strats" go.

It's just that they don't bring anything particularly "new" to the table to warrant Fender's marketing fanfare. You could build a Warmoth, pay a luthier to dial it all in and have an equivalent guitar with similar specs in your choice of finish for close to half the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
      Not saying they are not nice guitars. They are just in a price range with a bunch of guitars that are a LOT better in materials and workmanship. Example with be this in stock Kiesel as it will kill them head to head!
      https://www.kieselguitars.com/guitars-in-stock/140905
      Yeah, I'm not too familiar with Kiesel -other than noodling in a store. I've heard great things though.

But for professional musicians on a world tour to pick Fender's new Ultra offerings over their G&Ls should at least give people a feeling that Fender is on the right track.

It's not even a slight on G&L -it's a compliment on Fender's direction and attention to the super strat aftermarket and boutique super builders -by raising THEIR OWN game instead of suing like Gibson
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Warmoth rulez. Specd out at half the price. Ultra series? Lel!
        The things that you wanted
        I bought them for you

Comment

The Clint's are on an agreement kick lately...what the hell is going on?

Oh, and Gwen was my teenage crush. Your avatar takes the wrinkles out of my pants

Comment

I am always curious about the thinking market research that leads to some products. Locking tuners, contoured heel, two-post bridge, etc are all things Fender has offered already. If the idea was sort of a "relaunch" of the more modern Strat, then why not just say that? Just changing the name of the lines every few years is just confusing (maybe that is the point).
            -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
            “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Originally posted by masta' c View Post
              The Clint's are on an agreement kick lately...what the hell is going on?

Oh, and Gwen was my teenage crush. Your avatar takes the wrinkles out of my pants
              Ha!
              I bought them for you

Comment

It's about damn time. That old neck heel is embarrassing IMO.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Comment

The question is, how much can you change a Strat and keep calling it a Strat? There will be a point where people don't care how it was done in the 50s.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The strat is my favorite guitar. Yet I can't stand it original.
                    I bought them for you

Comment

I get some would prefer a more conformable heel, but I don't think there are many in the market place who love everything about a Stratocaster but don't buy because of the heel. Anyone who spends that much time on the high frets has many other options. Plenty of vintage style Strats and Les Pauls still being sold.

I could be wrong of course, that is why I would love the see the research behind it.
                      -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
                      “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
                        I get some would prefer a more conformable heel, but I don't think there are many in the market place who love everything about a Stratocaster but don't buy because of the heel. Anyone who spends that much time on the high frets has many other options. Plenty of vintage style Strats and Les Pauls still being sold.

I could be wrong of course, that is why I would love the see the research behind it.
                        It's not that people won't buy a Strat because of the heel, but rather they'll buy a Strat from someone else.

Fender and Gibson should both have modern and vintage lines, the former with reasonable ergonomic and electronics upgrades, and the latter like it's 50 years ago. Gibson's line is moving in that direction. Fender... I can't understand their product lines.

Comment

I could deal with clear vintage & modern lines from Fender. Have a traditional 'just like they used to be made' Fender, with lower priced options, and a super modern, kitchen sink modern one that can stand up to any high end Strat-based guitar. Is a reissue 80s Strat coming? I bet it will.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                            I could deal with clear vintage & modern lines from Fender. Have a traditional 'just like they used to be made' Fender, with lower priced options, and a super modern, kitchen sink modern one that can stand up to any high end Strat-based guitar. Is a reissue 80s Strat coming? I bet it will.
                            My understanding is as follows for the USA made Fender guitsrs.

Vintage = American Original
                            Standard/Modern = American Professional
                            “Advanced Modern” = Elite/Ultra
                            Budget = American Performer

Another big thing is they are bringing Bass and Offset models into these categories too.
                            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezrocks View Post
                              It's not that people won't buy a Strat because of the heel, but rather they'll buy a Strat from someone else.

Fender and Gibson should both have modern and vintage lines, the former with reasonable ergonomic and electronics upgrades, and the latter like it's 50 years ago. Gibson's line is moving in that direction. Fender... I can't understand their product lines.

I think Gibson learned their lesson in 2015. Gibson buyers generally want Gibsons to be the same as the old Gibsons, generally speaking. People always say "why don't they make anything new?", then a company gets bashed for trying. By the way, I owned a 2015 SG Special, it was a very nice guitar, well made, I liked a lot about it....but the neck thickness hurt my hands since I have hand problems.
                              *******Please check out some of my songs:
                              https://www.soundclick.com/bands3/de...bandid=1430296

Comment

Opinions of 'worth' all depend on where you read them. This is a very modern music forum, so lots of people spend time noodling in the higher fret regions. Other forums I spend time on are all vintage oriented, and the need for the endless wheedly wheedly is almost zero. They would describe modern guitars as abominations and 'tone free zones'.
                                However there is the middle ground, where people like the look and feel of the older companies' lines, but want more modern featured instruments. This is for them

Comment

Working...
                                X