NGD!!! Vintage Fender content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD!!! Vintage Fender content

So I was checking the facebook market place the other day like I always do. Saw an ad that just said Fender guitar with a semi crappy picture. Figured it was squire crap that someone was calling a "fender" but I clicked on the as anyway. Turned out to be a 1978 Fender Bronco... wait....It gets better...... I asked for more pictures and the guy said he didn't have anymore. But from what I could tell it looked pretty clean in the one picture that was posted. So I decided to make the 2 hour drive to go check it out. I get there and he goes in and grabs the guitar and hands it to me and instantly I was thinking to myself....this is a fake. It was so clean. Long story short. This guy was at some buddy holly type event back in 1978 and this guitar was a raffle prize. He won this guitar brand new. But he doesnt play guitar and never had any desire to learn. He liked buddy holly so he kept it on a guitar stand in his house for 41 years. So I am literally the first person to play this guitar. It still had the original strings on it. Came with the manual, cable and cleaning cloth and strap. The manual has the matching serial number on it. So $500 later it's all mine.

1978 fender bronco by Jeremy Reichmanner, on Flickr

Last edited by Jr_vw2; 11-25-2019, 03:12 PM.
    Insert witty signature here so people on the internet will think I'm cool....

Re: NGD!!! Vintage Fender content

Awesome deal - you may need to re-host the pics. FYI - Buddy Holly couldn’t have played a Bronco, as they were only around since ‘67 or so (?) and Buddy Holly died quite a bit before that. I’m not up to speed on him, but he may have played an early Duo Sonic or Musicmaster, which is a related ‘student’ guitar in the lineage. I have a ‘78 Bronco neck on a Mustang body of mine, it’s quite a nice neck; thick shape and subtle V.
    Originally posted by King Buzzo
    I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Awesome score!
      -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
      “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Very cool! Thanks for sharing the ride!

Comment

Holy crap! Congratulations! I am muy, muy jealous!

You should slap those original strings back on and sell it to the highest bidder.
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Yogi Berra was correct.
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Wow, that's quite a story! Though these guitars are not my cup of tea, but finding it under similarly lucky circumstances, I'd sure think about keeping it. Congrats!

Comment

Man, that is frickin' awesome!

Comment

Only gear needs get a truly vintage mint condition unplayed instrument and immediately disassemble it take pictures and post it on the internet.

I'm so incredulous

Nice score

Do you plan on flipping it or playing it?

I vote play
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                  Only gear needs get a truly vintage mint condition unplayed instrument and immediately disassemble it take pictures and post it on the internet.

I'm so incredulous

Nice score

Do you plan on flipping it or playing it?

I vote play
                  initially I was just going to flip it as im not really a fender guy but man its fun to play and has a great story. so now im on the hunt for a nice period correct case and its going to be a keeper.

Comment

Did you get a vibrato arm? It's been a few years since I played a Bronco, but I remember the trem actually worked pretty well. I'm a big fan of the student Fenders, but I prefer the Mustang
                    Originally posted by King Buzzo
                    I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Originally posted by Silence Kid View Post
                      Did you get a vibrato arm? It's been a few years since I played a Bronco, but I remember the trem actually worked pretty well. I'm a big fan of the student Fenders, but I prefer the Mustang
                      Yes it came with the trem arm. My buddy had a mustang it's pretty sweet too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jr_vw2 View Post
                        initially I was just going to flip it as im not really a fender guy but man its fun to play and has a great story. so now im on the hunt for a nice period correct case and its going to be a keeper.

I'm a fan of this! You rocked it in that video! If you sold it, it would go in some nerd's collection and literally never get played for the rest of time. Or it would end up on some reverb ad by one of those vintage resellers with 10000x pictures up close and at every angle with some description like CASE CANDY INCLUDED, MUST BE SEEN TO BE BELIEVED, TRUE VINTAGE MOJO! and price it 5x more than what it's worth and sell in 5 years when some desperate collector who wants that exact guitar finally sees it and doesn't care if it's overpriced
                        Last edited by BeKindRewind; 11-26-2019, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Excellent score!

Comment

Working...
                          X