banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you guys buy your guitar parts from? Recommendations please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you guys buy your guitar parts from? Recommendations please.

Stewmac is great, but overpriced on a lot of things. Where do you guys buy things like screws, pickup rings, knobs, pots, switches, etc?

Re: Where do you guys buy your guitar parts from? Recommendations please.

WD Music, and Mojotone mostly. I have dealer accounts with both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ebay
      The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

Philadelphia luthier and guitar electronics are my two regular.

Comment

Electrical components from mouser. It's way cheaper, but you have to know exactly what you're looking for.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I get whatever I can from CE Distribution (the business account version of Amplified Parts). I get almost all of my caps, resistors, pots, and switches from them. Occasionally I can only get what I need from Mouser or the like, but that has been rare.

Second in line is Mojotone, because they have good stuff and I've never had a bad experience with them or one of their products.

For Hipshot hardware (which I use often with bass builds), I use SportHiTech because they will special order anything you want from Hipshot, and they usually have the most competitive prices on it.

Where I used to order a lot through the Guitar [or Bass] Parts Resource Website, or other similar online parts retailers, I have taken to using various small parts retailers that I find on Reverb. Search for a part, sort by lowest to highest price, find someone with free shipping if possible. I can't even name everyone I've ordered from on Reverb, but doing it this way has replaced my older way of general hardware shopping via a retailer's Website.

Stwemac, almost never. I don't like that place. Same with Allparts.
            Last edited by ItsaBass; 12-21-2019, 06:37 PM.
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            Yogi Berra was correct.
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
              Electrical components from mouser. It's way cheaper, but you have to know exactly what you're looking for.
              Yes, you do. I have a hard time browsing their site.

Comment

StewMac, HomeDepot, Amazon, FleaBay and MojoTone are my main haunts. Typically I just hit Google to see who has what I need.

Comment

Don't forget Allparts.
                  aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Arkansas Musicworks

Shows up on my scan of Ebay stores
                    Save the fees by going direct to store

Also use Aliexpress for bridges and locking tuners
                    The K&D brand hardware looks to me to be exactly the same parts as Allparts

Be mindful of price

Cheapest price is generally not high quality

But the TOM style roller bridge is 5 bucks as opposed to 20 bucks for a local retailer that most likely purchased the same 5 dollar part and marked it up
                    EHD
                    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

All of the above
                      My Bands -
                      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Thanks guys, this is very useful.

Comment

I just look on Reverb, especially buying in bulk. But you can find deals on individual parts, too.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post
                            WD Music, and Mojotone mostly. I have dealer accounts with both.
                            I also like WD Music. I use the UK branch and they can get me rarer stuff from the US.
                            Where else could I get fancy Gibson S-1 pickguards ??? (to give an example)
                            Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Philadelphia Luthier, Allparts,

and for little screws and whatnot, try you local Fastenal store. You have to look them up, but trust me..., you have them and they have whatever you need.
                              Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                              X