So I did a thing (ngd)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I did a thing (ngd)

I saw eastwood post some of these and was slightly intrigued by the reverend billy corgan terz, but when I saw this come up online I went right to samash and put one in my cart, before deciding I didn’t need it.

So 2 days go by and I checked again for fun and they had it in something other than blonde, add it to my cart and it has a 10% off coupon promo going. Tried my text coupon on top and it took the tax off too. So 450 shipped got me this:

Re: So I did a thing (ngd)

Well, that's pretty. Congrats!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

so what is it? 4 string guitar? super short scale bass? extra long scale 4 string mandolin?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        so what is it? 4 string guitar? super short scale bass? extra long scale 4 string mandolin?
        LOL! Im curious too! When I saw the first pic, I thought nice guitar. Then the close up of the body, I thought why are the pickups so short? Then I noticed the bridge..... So, back to the headstock I went..
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Love the color. But I just don't get the point of a 4 string electric guitar.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

It’s a tenor guitar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice! I've got an old 40's or 50's tenor acoustic that's really fun to play around on. I worked out a bunch of chords on it and like it for jazz comping. Having fewer strings simplifies things a lot for my brain. You tuning it CGDA?
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I think it would be a fun instrument to play. What is the deal with CGDA tuning?
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  I think it would be a fun instrument to play. What is the deal with CGDA tuning?
                  It's standard for tenor guitars. They were originally developed when banjo started to fall out of favour in pop music and banjo players were looking for a way to get work. CGDA is also tenor banjo tuning (like a mandolin but down a 4th).

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I currently have it tuned dgbe. I’m trying to break out of standard bar chord patterns and learn lots of chords all up the neck. Also it’s really great for doing that 3 note Nile Rodgers funk thing. I will probably try tuning it in 5th’s as well.

It’s a mim tenor tele, 22 3/4 scale. I’m very impressed with the build of it, no sharp frets or unfinished edges. The neck even has a slight flame to it. I agree it’s not doing anything a 6 string can’t but it’s forcing me to rethink transposing chords into new shapes and positions. It’s easier with 2 strings missing to get the shapes cleanly before going back to 6 strings. Also it’s really fun to play.

Comment

Bravo.
                      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Tuning in 5ths is a really cool sound. It's much less dense and more spread out sounding for chords than a guitar. Learning it also means that you know how to play mandolin, violin, and banjo!

Comment

You should try a set of bass strings!!!!! A super short scale bass, if it works I buy one right away.

Comment

It's a baritone uke.

A gorgeous one at that.

Congrats!

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, I get it with acoustic tenor guitars. I even have one myself. Just don't see it in electric guitars. Just not my thing.
                              Originally Posted by IanBallard
                              Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                              X