No announcement yet.

Routing a tele for a bridge humbucker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Routing a tele for a bridge humbucker?

I recently picked up a mim tele in a trade that I plan to upgrade. I’m toying with the idea of routing the bridge slot so my Anderson H3+ will fit. I was wondering if anyone has done something similar? Was it worth it or a big pain to do? Also where can I find a bridge made for a bucker that will fit?
    I have been looking online but most of what I can find doesn’t say if it fits imports or American.

Re: Routing a tele for a bridge humbucker?

Took 15-20 minutes.
    Find a template on ebay or reverb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by man-in-moon View Post
      I recently picked up a mim tele in a trade that I plan to upgrade. I’m toying with the idea of routing the bridge slot so my Anderson H3+ will fit. I was wondering if anyone has done something similar? Was it worth it or a big pain to do? Also where can I find a bridge made for a bucker that will fit?
      I have been looking online but most of what I can find doesn’t say if it fits imports or American.
      I turned a Baja Tele into a double hum. It wasn't that hard to do! We had templates for routing, though.

The bridge I used was found on Warmoth.

Not sure how to load a photo to this forum. The guitar sounds pretty great to me, though. It has the JB/Jazz set which spanks.

I was afraid of that set being trebly, but it works well especially in a band situation.
      Last edited by Ahpook; 01-05-2020, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Oh yeah, and I just cut my bridge [emoji23]

Comment

Well all of that turned out great!
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
          X