banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will an American elite neck (sculpted heel) fit on a standard body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will an American elite neck (sculpted heel) fit on a standard body?

Wondering if you can simply drill a new hole and mount on standard body?

Re: Will an American elite neck (sculpted heel) fit on a standard body?

Sure.

Back in the mid-2000s I put a "regular" Strat neck on a contoured heel body.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Yes, the neck pocket is the same, just with a different hole for the one bolt.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

The neck begins contouring further down the heel, so you will have a gap between the neck and body at the corner of the pocket. I’ll try to capture the neck/body joint so you can see.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

You can see from the contour shadow it’ll leave a little gap. Overall no issues though.

It’s a great neck shape, I have a Strat and Tele.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
          X