Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BrentRocks inspired me: my own carved double cutaway

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
    Thanks guys. The only change I'll be making is a new switch cavity cover. The grain is now angled compared to the korina and it just looks off to me.
    Yup, it does look off. My OCD says so. Apart from that, beautiful! Someone (looking at you, Orpheo ) on here here told me that its hard to be originial in this business nowadays and then you post this. Hats off, Mister!

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
      Yup, it does look off. My OCD says so. Apart from that, beautiful! Someone (looking at you, Orpheo ) on here here told me that its hard to be originial in this business nowadays and then you post this. Hats off, Mister!
      and I can't blame you!

I am happy to learn that you feel this is original enough to be seen as original. What for me is of paramount importance is that there's a sense of continuity in my work. I try to change as little as possible to (my) basic designs, only refine. For example, the pinstriping in the neck, between headstock and headstock cap, fretboard and neck blank: I do that in all my guitars. it's so, so hard to really do something the same in every guitar because each guitar is really different. You'll also never ever see me use plastic backplates. I'd rather have my profit margin slashed by 50% and get wood than do plastics.

Comment

Gorgeous!

Bill
        When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

OK - I swore NO guitar purchases for a year....but you are making it difficult!!!!

I'd love to see that with all gold hardware!!!!
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
            OK - I swore NO guitar purchases for a year....but you are making it difficult!!!!

You referring to the knobs and tuners? I agree. Brings out the warmth in the natural woodtones. Also since yellow is the complimentary color to purple, it really sets it off.

Hey, wait a minute. I thought you didn't like gold hardware.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Man... you're a luthe!!
              The things that you wanted
              I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                You referring to the knobs and tuners? I agree. Brings out the warmth in the natural woodtones. Also since yellow is the complimentary color to purple, it really sets it off.

Hey, wait a minute. I thought you didn't like gold hardware.
                Cool, exactly what I was going for. I don't know but I kinda like the hybrid so far

@Aceman: you know I can do almost every body shape. LP, strat, tele, this one...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

If you're a real MAN, then you buy one and ask for GOLD FRETS too! :P

Comment

If you're a real MAN, then you buy one and ask for GOLD FRETS too! :P
                    gold EVO fretwire exists!

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
                      gold EVO fretwire exists!
                      Yup, I am aware, that's what I had in mind. I just omitted the brand name, since the point was to dare Aceman into buying a guitar from you and not be a wuss and match the fretwire to the hardware.

Comment

Yup, I am aware, that's what I had in mind. I just omitted the brand name, since the point was to dare Aceman into buying a guitar from you and not be a wuss and match the fretwire to the hardware.
                        haha! that would be a nice feat

(to be honest... I have closed the orders until November 2020. I have a 20+ guitar back log, have to make models to fill up the up 'n coming website and I'm doing it all by myself. Adding more orders now would just push me back into ultra-stress-mode, and making guitars while feeling stressed is a sure-fire recipe for ****ty guitars).

Comment

I decided to sell this axe for EUR750 ex shipping. Interested? Please send me a PM

Comment

Mijn God, that's criminally underpriced for the spec!

Bit too blingy for me but I do like the multi-laminate, unfinished neck and slightly offset body.
                            Originally posted by dominus
                            Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

That's a really pretty guitar.
                              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Sold! This guitar will go to someone who loves guitars like these. Good for him

I've got two more guitars that I'm willing to part with; I'll post photo's tomorrow. Will be a cool set. Same pricing levels (i.e.: between 400 and 750 euro's).

Comment

Working...
                                X