Clear All

• Steinberger Spirit GT-Pro Deluxe

Who has played one of these? Opinions?

Click image for larger version

Name:	4826FD2B-567B-427D-AA4A-44E86D86D63A.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	5853314
    I have moderate bilateral hearing loss in the upper midrange and lower treble. I tend to think sounds are quieter, darker, and bassier than they probably really are.

Re: Steinberger Spirit GT-Pro Deluxe

The would be OK $150 instruments, and that is as nice as I can be.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

Comment

Tuning it is a pita.
      Good deals with Fusion1, Mig50, Meggo, hamerfan, Booldrose, JOLLY, Ignoramus, BELLEZA, BPSUL, bluesbend, DracoAran, brunigio, Ed Hunter, Andrew Lemprecht, Shauggy, atreidesheir, Killsocket, rawkabilly, DesertRat, slaveunit, Clapton is God, metlking, Heartfeltmusic2010, ErikH, SAVAGE DISTORTION, Punkkitty, Dankstar, lexx9, Mr 9finger, loversmoon, BachToRock, Kingdon Guitarworks, Chrismo, Ascension, IndySG, ex-250, guitarglynn, Mononoaware, chickencoop, daan, t1r12003, Demina, Trevorus and more.

Comment

Originally posted by checo View Post
        Tuning it is a pita.
        Actually, that is one thing they got right. Tuning is magnificent, and vastly improved over most guitars with traditional headstocks. The rest of the guitar (especially the pickups) are just not great.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          Actually, that is one thing they got right. Tuning is magnificent, and vastly improved over most guitars with traditional headstocks. The rest of the guitar (especially the pickups) are just not great.
          Well we are pickup changers by nature of where we are

What pickups does one think would sound good in there

I was just looking at those myself last night

Looks like a killer travel guitar
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

JB, Hot Rails, Full Shred neck.
            I have moderate bilateral hearing loss in the upper midrange and lower treble. I tend to think sounds are quieter, darker, and bassier than they probably really are.

Comment

If the neck is good, changing out the body to something better is pretty straightforward.

I built a bubinga body for a client who had a carbon fiber neck from Steinberger.
              aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

If someone made a new body for a $399 Steinberger, I would sue them.

Comment

At least you would have a pattern
                  You could make the new shape less boxy
                  EHD

Comment

I’d be a lot more likely to replace the pickups than to replace the body.

Comment

If someone made a new body for a $399 Steinberger, I would sue them.
                      This was back in the late 80's. He paid full price for the neck and TransTrem as I remember.
                      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

A Custom Custom in the bridge, certainly- remember it is made of maple. But there won't be a good neck pickup as this guitar has 24 frets and maple construction, and that isn't a great formula for a good neck pickup sound. Also, the bridge is a clunky shadow of what should be in there. They should have just made it a hardtail.

Comment

I was just gonna block it anyways
                          EHD

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
                            This was back in the late 80's. He paid full price for the neck and TransTrem as I remember.
                            That’s different.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                              A Custom Custom in the bridge, certainly- remember it is made of maple. But there won't be a good neck pickup as this guitar has 24 frets and maple construction, and that isn't a great formula for a good neck pickup sound. Also, the bridge is a clunky shadow of what should be in there. They should have just made it a hardtail.
                              I might try a ‘59A2 in the neck.

Comment

Working...
                              X