2008 Special Edition MIM HSS Strat w/SD humbucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Special Edition MIM HSS Strat w/SD humbucker

So I've found a beautiful 2008 MIM HSS Strat for a good price, and it has an SD humbucker in the bridge. I'm having some trouble finding specs on this particular model (it was in a beautiful, somewhat unusual Sienna Sunbrust finish and was marked with a "Special Edition" sticker on the back of the headstock). However, I found a few references that imply the SD humbucker might have been original equipment on the guitar. Anyone familiar with this model or know whether the humbucker is original, and if so, which SD pickup is it?

Long shot, I know...but if I can't find it here, I won't find it anywhere. This guitar isn't even in the 2008 Fender catalog. It may have been a special run for Guitar Center. Pic is attached.

Thanks to all!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Strat.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	5853415

Re: 2008 Special Edition MIM HSS Strat w/SD humbucker

It could possibly be something like a Pearly Gates Plus, which was used on a few Fender models as OEM pickups, or someone could have added it later. There should be a sticker on the back of the pickup.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'm thinking it's probably a lone star Strat with a pearly gates plus. I think the other 2 pickups were fender Tex mex

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

It would be great if it were a Pearly Gates Plus! Unfortunately, I'm not gonna be able to look under the hood before buying.

Comment

If there are 2 holes on the bass side of the bridge pickup (it looks like it, but the pic isn't great), then that pickup isn't stock. You won't know what it is without a DC reading, or taking it apart and looking.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

You could email or call Fender with the serial number.

Specs are important to a point. The question is do you love it when you pick it up and play it?

I have a MIM Lonestar strat with a PG+ in the bridge - it's awesome.

Comment

Working...
            X