-=The Dali
    --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Re: NGD.. from Geddy Lee's collection

Yikes.

Comment

not the prettiest '59 ive seen but damn is it clean!

Comment

Some Rick's have all the luck

Looks aside, you get a chance to get a '59 with some provenance you grab it.
          Last edited by Wattage; 02-10-2020, 11:31 AM.
          My Bands -
          https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
          www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
          www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
          GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

3 things... I Cant imagine having that kinda money to spend on a guitar.. My house was half that...
            I would LOVE to play a 59 to find out what the magic is that makes em so coveted. (Although, my limited playing and bad hearing, I prolly couldnt tell the diff)
            And I know Rick already has one or two 59s.. Im curious to know how many he has.?
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I was wondering how many 59s he has, too.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                3 things... I Cant imagine having that kinda money to spend on a guitar.. My house was half that...
                Wow, an 800 sq ft, 1 bath dump is over $300k here, of course that still seems affordable to you Californians, Seattle-ites, and Nor'easters. But yeah, can't live in a Les Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                  Wow, an 800 sq ft, 1 bath dump is over $300k here, of course that still seems affordable to you Californians, Seattle-ites, and Nor'easters. But yeah, can't live in a Les Paul.
                  We got blessed. Price came down a ton before we could buy... Cant recall the square footage, 1500 someth maybe...but 3 br, 2 full bath, dining room, kitchen and living room with a gas fireplace. built in 1973 IIRC, 2 sheds outside, nice sized yard and inground pool, carport and nice front porch where Ive put up a swing and all. Was about 130. its a small, not so prominant town.. I Jax, where I lived for 30 years, the same place woulda been at LEAST twice. It amazes me soooo much how much stuff changes by location alone. I grew up in a small town, less than 1000 people. moved to Jax Fla of a million plus.. SHOCK THE System!!! Wife and I wanted out of the big huballoo... Anyhow, again, we got very blessed.
                  One more thing, Im in FL, not cali. Fla is still normally expensive too. Ive heard CA is sickeningly high.. CO is too.. My Son lived there before he passed..

Oh, one more thing we like.. Yes, its older, but brick. The home we were renting b4 was MUCH newer, but the rent was more than our mortgage and it was all frame, so IMO, much less sturdy. The owner moved and decided to sell, we tried to buy, but was alil more than we could finance and got declined.
                  Last edited by BloodRose; 02-11-2020, 11:29 AM.
                  Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                    I would LOVE to play a 59 to find out what the magic is that makes em so coveted. (Although, my limited playing and bad hearing, I prolly couldnt tell the diff)
                    And I know Rick already has one or two 59s.. Im curious to know how many he has.?
                    I've played a 52, 54 and a 57, but never a 59. I don't recall seeing a lot of plain top 59s, I thought most were at least somewhat flamed. I'll ask if the guy I know that knows Rick has the total.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                      not the prettiest '59 ive seen but damn is it clean!
                      That's what happens when a bassist owns a guitar like that; especially a bassist of that caliber.
                      -Butch

Comment

VoW! I wish he'd adopt me!

Here is me holding one of his other 59's...

Basement of Chicago Music Exchange!

B
                        FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

thats a beauty barlo!

Comment

Working...
                          X