New EB slinky sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New EB slinky sets

They have some new sets that might really hit the spot for some players.
    Ernie Ball Regular Slinky Electric Strings are our top selling set, and are favored by many musicians around the globe. Regular Slinky strings are played by Eric Clapton, John Mayer, Steve Vai and legions of guitar players worldwide. These strings are precision manufactured to the highest standards and most exacting specifications to ensure consistency, optimum performance, and long life. Regular Slinky wound strings are made from nickel plated steel wire wrapped around a hex shaped steel core wire. The plain strings are made of specially tempered tin plated high carbon steel producing a well balanced tone for your guitar.

The new turbo (9.5,12,16,26,36,46) is my perfect set for E on the 25" prs/carvin scale. (10 sets on the way for $49 paypal total)
    Last year's ultras (10,13,17,28,38,48) are my new "any scale" Eb sets.
    I've also been tempted for awhile to go up to F on one guitar, and those hypers (8,11,14,24,32,42) would just be great for that!
    The mondo set looks ok too, but once I'm down to D or C# I would rather have a wound third, so I'll stay with bulk-singles for the lo-tunes.

Re: New EB slinky sets

My new Schecter Sun Valley Super Shredder came with EB 2222s and I've decided, for the moment at least, to give them an honest go. Normally I'm a D'Addario XL 10s guy (20+ years I'm guessing).

I love the setup of and tone of the guitar, so for now...

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by shupe13 View Post
      My new Schecter Sun Valley Super Shredder came with EB 2222s and I've decided, for the moment at least, to give them an honest go. Normally I'm a D'Addario XL 10s guy (20+ years I'm guessing).

I love the setup of and tone of the guitar, so for now...

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk
      Then you might be a turbo guy too! lol

For E tuning I have always found 10-46 great on the wounds and a hair too tight for the plains, and the plains from a 9-42 set are a hair too loose for me, especially the 11 B-string.
      Last edited by dave74; 02-29-2020, 06:55 AM.

Comment

I love that there are a ton of options now. But I would hate to get used to a set that I couldn't find everywhere. As long as you stock up, it isn't an issue, but if you need a set in a hurry, you might be driving a bit to get it.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Wow. The Turbo Slinky set is exactly what I have been piecing together from the 9.5 and 10 set from D'Addario for years. Can't wait to try those. I used to use 9's, 10's, and 11's on various different guitars, but I have eventually gravitated toward 9.5's on practically everything.

Comment

Hey Dave, where did you get the 10 sets for $49 deal on the Turbo set? I just ordered one set to try. i didn't see any bulk deals on that set.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. B View Post
              Wow. The Turbo Slinky set is exactly what I have been piecing together from the 9.5 and 10 set from D'Addario for years. Can't wait to try those. I used to use 9's, 10's, and 11's on various different guitars, but I have eventually gravitated toward 9.5's on practically everything.
              That's the same gauge I have been using for years too, by buying extra single plain strings and subbing them in a regular 20 set, too bad I don't like E. Ball strings much (I prefer round core strings these days). Good to see someone else feels the same way about that gauge though.
              Al

Comment

I think I need to try those Ultras! I'm on standard 11-48's right now but I really don't need the plain strings to be that thick. I don't have any problem with them but maybe it would be nice to lighten them up a touch

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. B View Post
                  Hey Dave, where did you get the 10 sets for $49 deal on the Turbo set? I just ordered one set to try. i didn't see any bulk deals on that set.
                  Just used a Musicians Friend 15% coupon (orders over $50) on 10 sets. After the discount it was like $46+tax. Free shipping.
                  Get the guaranteed best price on 6 String Sets for Electric Guitar like the Ernie Ball Turbo Slinky 2224 (9.5-46) Nickel Wound Electric Guitar Strings at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free...

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    I love that there are a ton of options now. But I would hate to get used to a set that I couldn't find everywhere. As long as you stock up, it isn't an issue, but if you need a set in a hurry, you might be driving a bit to get it.
                    Anything is a 90 minute round trip here,,,,and that's if you make no stops along the way.
                    I basically order everything online except for groceries. (yes beer counts as groceries!)

Comment

Working...
                    X