Most controversial thread of nearly all-time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most controversial thread of nearly all-time

So, I got onto Pinterest. Lots of cool stuff there; Zombie pics, Guns, Camping ideas, Girls (naturallY) and of course....guitars!

I keep a board of what I consider unique, interesting, odd, funny, famous, and cool guitars. Go to Pinterest.com and find the board called Sex Strings and follow it if you want.

Anyway - now for the controversy part. After a couple of thousand pins on here....

I declare there are way more and way sexier basses than guitars. Bass builders just freaking OWN. Amazing wood, styles, shapes etc. Yeah - there are a TON of guitars, but it is a lot of the same them, same colors, same graphics even. But hand made basses? DAMN!!!!!

Discuss...but go look at the board and then you tell me.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Re: Most controversial thread of nearly all-time

I’m sure you could embed images here. Ones that aren’t nsfw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Cool Guitars, Cool Guitar Exercises and a 50s Atomic Architecture pins. I tend to see the same PRS guitars on there, so I am sure PRS floods that with shared pictures.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

PRS is a great example of something I rarely pin. They all look exactly the same. Maybe every once and again a really really sweet flame 24...
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

50s Atomic Architecture pins.
          Are you talking about Googie designs?
          aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I think it has to do with guitar players being super conservative and after the "vintage" vibe whereas bass players have always been open to wacky shapes, finishes, colors, etc... You do any out of the ordinary on a guitar and people freak out.
            -=The Dali
            --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
              Are you talking about Googie designs?
              Yeah, love those. But I dig the design of old motels, 'futuristic' interior design from the 50s-70s, and stuff like that.

Originally posted by The Dali View Post
              I think it has to do with guitar players being super conservative and after the "vintage" vibe whereas bass players have always been open to wacky shapes, finishes, colors, etc... You do any out of the ordinary on a guitar and people freak out.
              This has always been the case. For as rebellious as guitar playing is supposed to be, it isn't reflected at all in what sells and what is universally praised among guitar players.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

You guys are scaring me

Going to my safe place now
                My Bands -
                https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Always liked this bass.

Click image for larger version

Name:	12-1-Luthier-Spotlight-Frank-Scheucher-Zerberus-Guitars.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	5818791
                  "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I like wood, I think I could be called a purist. But I hate "furniture".

B
                    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

It's a similar phenomena to as when woman age they add more sparkle, bedazzle, highlights and jewelry to their appearance -from the tops of their heads down to their toes.

it's to distract from the fundamental fact that it's just a bass
                      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                        It's a similar phenomena to as when woman age they add more sparkle, bedazzle, highlights and jewelry to their appearance -from the tops of their heads down to their toes.

Mean, but funny!

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Ace is all about that bass.

Comment

Dali's bassically got it surrounded.

Comment

The received wisdom says that bass players aren't as conservative as guitar players, when it comes to gear.

And there does seem to be more of a market for unusual basses.

I'm not entirely sure what that market is, because I saw ~50 bands play last year (or more? I'd have to count) and probably 45 of their bassists played Fenders.

And a perennial topic on TalkBass is how all you need is a P.

But SOMEONE must be buying them, because they only seem to have proliferated in the past 25 years.
                              ---------------------------
                              The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Working...
                              X