banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

While we wait even longer for new models to be released...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While we wait even longer for new models to be released...

Any thoughts on these forthcoming Epiphones?

Epi Les Paul Special P90 TV Yellow
    https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...cial-tv-yellow
    Chunky neck looks interesting

Epi Dove acoustic
    https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...o-violin-burst

Re: While we wait even longer for new models to be released...

I hadn't seen those...great prices, though! I would think new models would be slow to come out because of all the factories are shut down.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

Comment

That LP Special is awfully tempting.
      Nobody knows, dude. Nobody knows.

Comment

Originally posted by TMD View Post
        That LP Special is awfully tempting.
        Yeah, (un)fortunately it will not be available for several weeks, if not months. But now I'm wanting a cheaper P90 platform..

And actually playing with the idea of getting the $129 LP Special with the bolt-on neck - but still P90s. Could be a fun slide project
        https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...lectric-guitar

These are also tempting thought not a fan of the color options
        https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...kling-burgundy

And this is nice as well, though on an SG I prefer the smaller pickguard
        https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...0s-worn-cherry

Comment

$129 bolt-on Special... ordered. Yellow.

Comment

See....now this post would have been a great addition to the Great Deals thread that I have yet to make.

Comment

I have the new TV Yellow LP Special ordered, waiting for it to be back in stock. Will see how it fares against my 2011 Gibson LP Traditional.

Also ordered a SD Vintage P90 set to go with it.
              Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics), Epiphone Les Paul Special (SP90-1 set), PRS SE CU 24 Flametop (TB5/PGn), Ibanez RG870RWZ (PATB set) & S761FM (TB16/STK-S7 m&n), Jackson DK2 (TB10/VRn/CRn), LTD MH-1000HS (TB15/Lil59n), ST213A (HRb/STK-S4 m&n) & TE212 (Hot Stack/A2Pn), Squier VM JM (SJM-1 set);Effects:L6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, Mission Engineering EP1-L6;Shure GLX-D16;

Comment

New TV Yellow set-neck LP Special is on order.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A97B9CF6-A53F-4615-B80F-C9102860086E.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	5818843
                Last edited by Little Pigbacon; 04-19-2020, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Sweetwater is expecting a lead time of “a few months”. Hopefully my slide guitar from Musician’s Friend will get here a little sooner.

Comment

^^ I saw that and instead of ordering I did a "Notify me when in stock" with SW and MF.. first in wins
                    Last edited by AniML; 04-19-2020, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Ordered mine from Thomann, it's supposed to get here in about three weeks. Order date was march 31st. Not only this is a very sought after model, but also COVID-19 got in the way too.

Actually it was Jared James Nichols who really got me into the P90 vibe. My tech has been praising them for over 10 years, but now I finally bit tne bullet.
                      Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics), Epiphone Les Paul Special (SP90-1 set), PRS SE CU 24 Flametop (TB5/PGn), Ibanez RG870RWZ (PATB set) & S761FM (TB16/STK-S7 m&n), Jackson DK2 (TB10/VRn/CRn), LTD MH-1000HS (TB15/Lil59n), ST213A (HRb/STK-S4 m&n) & TE212 (Hot Stack/A2Pn), Squier VM JM (SJM-1 set);Effects:L6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, Mission Engineering EP1-L6;Shure GLX-D16;

Comment

New TV Yellow set-neck LP Special is on order.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104349[/ATTACH]
                        me too.. I'm told mid-May to Mid-June

Comment

I called Musician's Friend, and they're expecting the $129 P90 Special around 4/28.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bolt-on Les Paul Special I P90 worn yellow.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	5818854

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104368[/ATTACH]
                            This one is very nice, with only master volume, master tone, no pickguard and it's kind of different to have the switch there. Would have been nice with a belly cut. I like that Epiphone is not trying to duplicate Gibson models 100%.
                            Last edited by donaldr; 04-21-2020, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by donaldr View Post
                              This one is very nice, with only master volume, master tone, no pickguard and it's kind of different to have the switch there. Would have been nice with a belly cut. I like that Epiphone is not trying to duplicate Gibson models 100%.
                              I think in 2013-14 epi did a limited run of these in the same price point. We stocked them at my old job. I couldn’t resist and bought a black one sight unseen. The frets were awful but the tone was great. That in mind it was still a great buy.

Comment

Working...
                              X