banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

While we wait even longer for new models to be released...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While we wait even longer for new models to be released...

Any thoughts on these forthcoming Epiphones?

Epi Les Paul Special P90 TV Yellow

Chunky neck looks interesting

Epi Dove acoustic

Re: While we wait even longer for new models to be released...

I hadn't seen those...great prices, though! I would think new models would be slow to come out because of all the factories are shut down.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by TMD
      That LP Special is awfully tempting.
      Yeah, (un)fortunately it will not be available for several weeks, if not months. But now I'm wanting a cheaper P90 platform..

And actually playing with the idea of getting the $129 LP Special with the bolt-on neck - but still P90s. Could be a fun slide project
      Get the guaranteed best price on Solid Body Electric Guitars like the Epiphone Les Paul Special I P-90 Limited-Edition Electric Guitar at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on...

These are also tempting thought not a fan of the color options

And this is nice as well, though on an SG I prefer the smaller pickguard

Comment

See....now this post would have been a great addition to the Great Deals thread that I have yet to make.

Comment

I have the new TV Yellow LP Special ordered, waiting for it to be back in stock. Will see how it fares against my 2011 Gibson LP Traditional.

Also ordered a SD Vintage P90 set to go with it.
          Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

^^ I saw that and instead of ordering I did a "Notify me when in stock" with SW and MF.. first in wins
            Last edited by AniML; 04-19-2020, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Ordered mine from Thomann, it's supposed to get here in about three weeks. Order date was march 31st. Not only this is a very sought after model, but also COVID-19 got in the way too.

Actually it was Jared James Nichols who really got me into the P90 vibe. My tech has been praising them for over 10 years, but now I finally bit tne bullet.
              Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Originally posted by TMD
                New TV Yellow set-neck LP Special is on order.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104349[/ATTACH]
                me too.. I'm told mid-May to Mid-June

Comment

Originally posted by TMD
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]104368[/ATTACH]
                  This one is very nice, with only master volume, master tone, no pickguard and it's kind of different to have the switch there. Would have been nice with a belly cut. I like that Epiphone is not trying to duplicate Gibson models 100%.
                  Last edited by donaldr; 04-21-2020, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by donaldr View Post
                    This one is very nice, with only master volume, master tone, no pickguard and it's kind of different to have the switch there. Would have been nice with a belly cut. I like that Epiphone is not trying to duplicate Gibson models 100%.
                    I think in 2013-14 epi did a limited run of these in the same price point. We stocked them at my old job. I couldn’t resist and bought a black one sight unseen. The frets were awful but the tone was great. That in mind it was still a great buy.

Comment

Originally posted by TMD
                      I’m going to hedge my bets against fret issues by putting a Grover slide nut on mine.
                      Yeah there was just a ton of tang. Steel wool took care of it.

Comment

Nice! Congrats on the new axe.

Mine has been delayed for 9 to 12 weeks!

Comment

The sg special has been catching my eye. Just wish it came in a heritage red. Not sure if I'm into 'sparkly burgundy'..

Comment

Originally posted by The_Junior View Post
                            The sg special has been catching my eye. Just wish it came in a heritage red. Not sure if I'm into 'sparkly burgundy'..
                            Not a new model but I just ordered an open box slight blem, G400 worn cherry SG with a nice discount,- while I wait for the LP special. I much prefer the smaller '61pickguard.

Comment

Called Thomann today, apparently the 9 to 12 weeks delay is for newly placed orders, mine is supposed to arrive next week.

Comment

Working...
                              X