Plek’d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plek’d

I have two plek'd guitars: Gibson custom shop R7 and the US G&L Fallout. Amazing action. All of the top Ernie Ball guitars are plek'd too.

Comment

Originally posted by AniML View Post
      I just bought 2 new Epiphones in the same price range $349 and $399. I didnt have either pleked. I feel no sharp edges, no high spots, no fret buzz and no rough frets.

I'm trying to understand what Pleking does and how you can tell a guitar needed or benefited from it if you don't have a before/after comparison. Maybe I'm not a good enough player to notice the fine differences.
      My experience is that Epi does a very fine job on their frets these days.
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
        Again, it comes down to the person doing it, in either case. A well done hand fret leveling and dressing will outperform a poorly done PLEK job. Vice versa is also true.

Is a perfectly done hand leveling and dressing comparable to a perfectly done PLEK job? Probably, but it would take a lot more time. That's what the PLEK is really all about: saving time. Would I get a PLEK job if I knew the place did them well? Sure. Would I pay twice as much as I pay my extremely talented guy I've been going to for 20 years? Probably not.
        A hand job is usually better than a machine job.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
          No doubt.

On a different note, a good tech does wonders for a guitar needing any kind of adjustment.
          Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics), Epiphone Les Paul Special (SP90-1 set), PRS SE CU 24 Flametop (TB5/PGn), Ibanez RG870RWZ (PATB set) & S761FM (TB16/STK-S7 m&n), Jackson DK2 (TB10/VRn/CRn), LTD MH-1000HS (TB15/Lil59n), ST213A (HRb/STK-S4 m&n) & TE212 (Hot Stack/A2Pn), Squier VM JM (SJM-1 set);Effects:L6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, Mission Engineering EP1-L6;Shure GLX-D16;

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
            No comment

Comment

Working...
            X