banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the Midst of Designing a New Guitar Build......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In the Midst of Designing a New Guitar Build......

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    I would think the Alnico IIs would tame some of the highs nicely. If you go ahead with the swap, let us know how it turns out.
    Installed the Alnico 2 Pro set; along with 250k pots and 0.047uF cap. The guitar is a little warmer and the tone is more "pronounced". I experience that "pronounced" every time I install a Seymour Duncan pickup. The guitar is still a little on the bright side; but more of a "crispness" and not "tinniness". I'll keep these in for a while at least and see how they do.
    -Butch

Comment

I believe the brightness problem has been resolved. One thing about pickups, with alnico 2 magnets, is that you can raise them pretty close to the strings because of the weaker magnetic pull and it doesn’t cause any negative ramifications. So, I raised both pickups pretty close to the strings; but not too close. And now, I have more punch and more warmth without sacrificing tone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      -Butch

Comment

I am happy that you found the set that works for you. It is a set we don't hear enough about on here.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I am using a different pick too. Been using these:

They can be a little bright and crisp, so I switched to the John Petrucci Dunlop pick.

It's like a slightly larger Jazz III. Makes for a warmer attack and tone. I also use the white Dunlop Medium thumbpick.

Believe it or not, your pick makes a difference.
          Last edited by Butch Snyder; 04-30-2020, 06:14 AM.
          -Butch

Comment

Working...
          X