No announcement yet.

SuperJazz . . . completion in sight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SuperJazz . . . completion in sight!

i like, but after all that, black pickups?

Comment

Originally posted by AniML View Post
      i like, but after all that, black pickups?
      I actually wanted white ones. But I had the Tone Zone and Evo kicking around and they were already black. If I don't gel with the set in this guitar, I'm going to swap the guard for two SSL-2 and an SSL-5 in the bridge - all with white covers.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Congrats on the build! Looks like a lot of fun.
        Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
          I actually wanted white ones. But I had the Tone Zone and Evo kicking around and they were already black. If I don't gel with the set in this guitar, I'm going to swap the guard for two SSL-2 and an SSL-5 in the bridge - all with white covers.
          Jay Jay French would approve

Comment

i think it looks great!

Comment

The neck is their wolfgang profile, and is actually a bit beefier compared to my Charvel, so it inspires some confidence. :P
              cool. so that's the asymmetrical profile thats much beefier on the palm or top side?
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                cool. so that's the asymmetrical profile thats much beefier on the palm or top side?
                It's beefier at the low E string, and skinnier at the high E. Although I did go to town with some sandpaper to reshape it a tad for my tastes. :P

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Dude...I DIG IT!!! Very well done - Pink...check...Maple Fretboard...check...OFR....check...TOTALLY BADA$$!!!
                  MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
                  1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                  1988 Kramer Nightswan
                  1989 Charvel Sambora
                  2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
                  Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
                  Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

It's beefier at the low E string, and skinnier at the high E. Although I did go to town with some sandpaper to reshape it a tad for my tastes. :P
                    yep, great choice -that's my favorite kind of neck.

Surprised more complete guitars aren't standard with them -to my knowledge only some EVH, some SRV Fenders, and i believe all Music Man Professional models come standard with them.
                    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                      yep, great choice -that's my favorite kind of neck.

Surprised more complete guitars aren't standard with them -to my knowledge only some EVH, some SRV Fenders, and i believe all Music Man Professional models come standard with them.
                      It's weird - seems to have most of the advantages of a thicker and thinner neck at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by muttznmongrelz View Post
                        Dude...I DIG IT!!! Very well done - Pink...check...Maple Fretboard...check...OFR....check...TOTALLY BADA$$!!!
                        Thanks!

The jazzmaster body not having the lower horn makes upper fret way more comfortable than a strat because there's nothing bumping into your wrist when you get up there. (Shaving off an 1/8th of an inch at the heel doesn't hurt either.) The strat body looks cool, but the Jazzmaster body is better ergonomically designed.

Comment

Looks *****in to me. I'd play it.
                          aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I have never had any interest at all in a guitar with a Floyd, but that one somehow falls into my comfort zone.
                            And I agree that bright pink seems like a factory color for a Jazzmaster.
                            Nice job!

Comment

Still getting used to the guitar (I don't get new guitars very often). The neck feels great, and the body is super comfortable. Unfortunately, there's some buzzing when playing the 17th fret G string, so I'll have to do a tiny bit of levelling on the 18th fret in that area . . . but other than that the neck and SS frets sound and play great.

I haven't played humbuckers much in the past ten years, and when I do it's usually only very low output ones so still a bit unsure about the Tone Zone and Evo. Split they sound great, but I don't end up going into the full humbucker mode very often. I'll need to play around with my amp settings a bit more to see if they're going to stay.

In case they don't, anyone have opinions on the twang-banger vs any of the Seymour Duncan telecaster bridge options? I'd probably be looking for something somewhat teleish, but not too spikey (maybe the A2P tele bridge?) that would match with a pair of SSL-5s or Surfers in the neck and middle.

Comment

the jd would match the surfers well, twang banger too. if youre gonna use ssl5 in the neck and middle youll need something with more output but itll be less tele like

Comment

Working...
                                X