No announcement yet.

SuperJazz . . . completion in sight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SuperJazz . . . completion in sight!

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
    the jd would match the surfers well, twang banger too. if youre gonna use ssl5 in the neck and middle youll need something with more output but itll be less tele like
    WHoop, sorry I meant SSL-2 . . . 5s are way too hot for my tastes in neck and mid. :P
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

The Tone Zone is an awfully fat, almost muffled pickup! There are a lot of humbuckers that are brighter, including the ever-popular JB and Custom.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Locher View Post
        The Tone Zone is an awfully fat, almost muffled pickup! There are a lot of humbuckers that are brighter, including the ever-popular JB and Custom.
        I like the Tone Zone for leads especially, it has a nice vocal quality that hasn't sounded muffled in either of the guitars I've installed it in. I have a Seth and '59 in my Epi Dot, so am aware that there are brighter humbuckers . . . but if spending money on new pickups I'll go with single coils though. It's easy to make a quiet pickup sound more compressed and to add gain. It's hard to make a humbucker sound more dynamic though. :P
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
        X