Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverend Sensei vs Contender

Great looking interpretations of the SGjr and LP Special

I know Reverends are generally very well regarded, but anyone know how these particular models play and feel?

Click image for larger version

Name:	fft7u36cldjvoyyvfa9c.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	5853840 Click image for larger version

Name:	z4eviiswonoz8b7r9s9k.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	5853839
    Attached Files

Re: Reverend Sensei vs Contender

I have an American made Reverend Sensei froma decade ago -it's a good guitar, it plays really well, and the neck is sort of a thicker version of an SG neck profile.

but i'm not the biggest fan of the Korina wood (which I believe all Reverends are made from now)

It has a kind of hollower crispy mid range that isn't my thing.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

No idea. Love Reverend. Would love to have one.

The Sensei looks early 90's/00's Yamaha inspired.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

i would go with a Sensei to avoid that god awful Fender ripoff headstock. I think they are ugly. 3/3s look cooler.
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Can't go wrong with a Sensei, they do feel and sound like an SG with more meat in hand from the neck,

My experience with a Sensei was very positive, borrowed my bandmate's for a gig a couple years ago and it was like butter. His was 24.75" scale, had the Railhammer pickups in it which were punchy and thick, and the action was low enough for easy lead playing but not too low that chords buzzed. Great playing axe!

I'm with NegativeEase, the LP style with the Fender-esque headstock doesn't tickle me at all

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
          • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
          • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
          • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
          • G&L Tribute Comanche
          • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
          • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
          • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman_666 View Post
            Can't go wrong with a Sensei, they do feel and sound like an SG with more meat in hand from the neck,

My experience with a Sensei was very positive, borrowed my bandmate's for a gig a couple years ago and it was like butter. His was 24.75" scale, had the Railhammer pickups in it which were punchy and thick, and the action was low enough for easy lead playing but not too low that chords buzzed. Great playing axe!

I'm with NegativeEase, the LP style with the Fender-esque headstock doesn't tickle me at all

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
            Forgot to mention -I dig the Railhammers too. My Sensei is an early American one that doesn't have them (It has Duncans I believe) -but I've played guitars with Railhammers and they are great and the science is sound on the idea behind them.

Comment

Working...
            X