banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender Strat american - room under pickguard in cavity for stacked pots - how much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Strat american - room under pickguard in cavity for stacked pots - how much?

Hi
    Probably am 50's series or am pro Strat.
    Looking at doing a mod with stacked pots for tone controls so I can move volume down from original spot.

Will use one like this - but probably 2 x 250k linear or whatever is original for tone pots.
    Buy CTS dual concentric 500K audio taper pots and other guitar electronic parts at GuitarElectronics.com. Huge selection, low prices and quantity discounts.

Will there be room for this as is?
    - or prepare to drill some

Is there shield paint inside, so one should see to having that as well if to drill anything, or?
    I have sheet copper adhesive stuff to use otherwise.

Thanks.

Re: Fender Strat american - room under pickguard in cavity for stacked pots - how muc

There will be plenty of room. The TBX tone control from back in 80's-90's is stacked.

Comment

Re: Fender Strat american - room under pickguard in cavity for stacked pots - how muc

I see, how lovely, thank you.

Comment

There will be plenty of room. The TBX tone control from back in 80's-90's is stacked.
        Yeah, I think they installed TBX controls on American Standards, didn't they?
        It's a great thing, too - I have installed them on many of my guitars instead of a standard tone control.
        Works great on basses.
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
          Yeah, I think they installed TBX controls on American Standards, didn't they?
          It's a great thing, too - I have installed them on many of my guitars instead of a standard tone control.
          Works great on basses.
          Yes, they started in '88 I believe with the then new American Standards.

Comment

Maybe it's even better then to search Fender spare parts, or?
            They got 2x250k or similar.

Seems some target one volume and one tone, and do 250k+500k meaning you swap cap to 22nF instead on one tone.

Comment

Agree. Plenty of room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              -=The Dali
              --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Working...
              X