V picks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V picks?

Anybody tried them? I know they are pricey. Ordered a couple just to try out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: V picks?

I think I have? Honestly, I've bought so many picks, it's hard to keep up. I can't remember if I tried these or Gravity... or both?

Probably both.
    ---------------------------
    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Yes, I have several, er....many. My fav is the Red Rocker, a 1.5mm 351 shape. I like the grip...I've never dropped one.

For acoustic guitar, I like the 1980/Ed King and the Stealth. They are very different sounding.

Tradition is good, in Lite, Standard and the 3.0mm. Dimension and Snake are very good if you want to try a thicker pick. I tend to like the pointed ones better for a crisper high end and attack. Spirit is another one I like.

Don't like the Large and Freakishly Large sizes...too big. Also did not care for Gladiator, Eclipse, Medium Round, and Bullseye.

Like I said, I like the grippiness, and they wear well, and sound good.

Bill
      When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

If you think V Picks are expensive, you should look into Blue Chip

Comment

I tried them a few years back, and thought they were OK. Then, more recently, I’d been playing a lot of bass and found I was getting thumb pain from using a small pick. So I did some research, ordered a few larger (and much larger) picks, and ended up using the VPicks Psycho for bass - it does everything I want it to,

About a month or two later, I was playing guitar in the studio just noodling and didn’t have one of my regular picks to hand, the Psycho was in my back pocket, so I tried it on the guitar and TOTALLY surprised myself with how easy it was to play with such a LARGE pick.

I took a spin through their catalogue, and ended up with a small handful of smaller, but still LARGE, picks. The ones I have are Snake, Medium and Screamer - of which I use the Medium and Snake most often.

Took a little adjustment, but the amount of relaxation in my picking hand is worth it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the ultra lite tradition. Others are all too clicky for me

Comment

I have a single V picks fusion and have had it for a year and it's barely worn and I never drop it and haven't lost it! A bright, strong attack and a comfortable shape not unlike a jazz III. I don't use it all the time, some things just sound right with a good old fender medium pick, but certainly it has a real strong cutting tone that I like when playing clean.

Comment

I just got mine I ordered small regular and lite. Like them very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X