Need help upgrading strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help upgrading strat

I wanna upgrade my strat to an hsh or hh style guitar. i dont want to buy a prewired pickguard.
    I already have a sermour duncan mark H. signature pickup that i want to install and i was wondering what else do i need? the guitar is Fender strat mim lonestar deluxe hss with a 5 way switch and you can split the humbucker to a single coil.

Re: Need help upgrading strat

This would depend on what you want the switch to do in HH configuration.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

You need a new pickguard. You should up your volume from 250k to 500k. And you should choose a suitable middle pickup if you want to go hsh. I assume you mean you have the alpha/omega set? Bonuses are convert your tone(s) to no load, and decided on any extra switching you want like splitting the hums or 7 way switching.
      The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
        You need a new pickguard. You should up your volume from 250k to 500k. And you should choose a suitable middle pickup if you want to go hsh. I assume you mean you have the alpha/omega set? Bonuses are convert your tone(s) to no load, and decided on any extra switching you want like splitting the hums or 7 way switching.
        Thanks I’ll look into that. I only have the omega bridge pickup. Another question, I noticed that when playing with stock pickups on any guitar, they seem to be noisy when going from Metallica to modern djent tones. Yes, I do have a noise gate. Why modern pickups fix this issue?
        Last edited by Willy25; 05-07-2020, 04:23 PM.

Comment

In my experience, when you crank the distortion, it'll get a bit noisy no matter if you have hum cancelling pickups. Yeah so decide what pickups you want to go with the omega to suit it sound wise. You can go for diverse tones, but I prefer to have all the pups work towards one sound and vibe.
          The things that you wanted
          I bought them for you

Comment

Replacing single coils with humbuckers is a downgrade, not an upgrade. :P
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
              Replacing single coils with humbuckers is a downgrade, not an upgrade. :P
              Nah, I don't believe that at all.

But the OP will need a new pickguard, and need to decide what is needed out of a neck and/or middle pickup...and what the switch will do. This is a common mod, though...usually I mod SSS guitars to HH.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I think I’m just gonna leave it like that and put a prewired pickguard with single coils to replace the stock humbucker pickup and play some funk, blues , rock etc...
                That guitar has allot of low end and even putting the bass down on any amp you still get low end. I tried an eq pedal and doesn’t make the guitar sound good. I guess is the alder body?

Comment

Working...
                X