Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ltd Phoenix 1000 (2020) Vs Firebird

Hey guys !

Always found the Firebird a very sexy and attractive guitar, especially the original Gibson model (fav finish :Blue Mist), but when I tried it, I found the neck to be "very long" if you know what I mean (in the seated position, I guess standing there's no issues) and don't care much for mini-humbuckers or firebird pickups.

Although it's all 24.75 scale on Gibson, the same way an SG can make you feel the top of the neck is further away than on a Les Paul (but slightly), on a Firebird I found it very noticeable.

For some reasons, the 2020 LTD model in Vintage White is attracting me (I usually don't like vintage white and don't like gold hardware, but something about this guitar is calling me, maybe the pickup configuration with a splittable SH-5 in the bridge and a Phat Cat in the neck, also the neck-through is maple with ebony fingerboard).

I know the scale on the LTD is 25.5", but if anybody put a hand on it, does the neck feel as long as it is on a Gibson model ?

One of the world's leading manufacturers of high quality guitars and basses.

Re: Ltd Phoenix 1000 (2020) Vs Firebird

i havent seen one but id assume its pretty similar to the firebird, cool pup combo though

Comment

Re: Ltd Phoenix 1000 (2020) Vs Firebird

Yeah cool config ! Custom in the bridge (that you can split) with a Phat Cat in the neck sounds cool and very versatile to me !

Now one would say, I could find a Firebird Studio and put those pickups inside I guess !

Comment

Working...
      X