banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harley Benton Fusion II?? Tell me about it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley Benton Fusion II?? Tell me about it!

Hi to all!

I came across the Harley Benton Fusion II-models and after checking their specs, I became pretty interested in them.
    Harley Benton is the "housebrand" of Thomann, a big retailer from Germany.

They are made in Inodnesia and specs are pretty impressive for their price tag.
    They feature quality trems (Wilkinson VS50 or Floyd Rose 1000 depending on the model), stainless steel frets, spokewheel truss rod adjustment, quality tuners (locking WSC's or Grovers depending on the model), Graphtech nut,... On paper they seem pretty impressive at this price point.

So of course, I was wondering if any of you have any experience with these Harley Benton Fusion models? Does not really matter what exact model, ST or T-style, Floyd of Wilkinson equipped, roasted maple or regular, ... I'd like to hear about it anyway!

Click image for larger version

Name:	13980206.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	5853937

Name:	14271378.jpg
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	5853938

Name:	harley-benton-fusion-ii-hh-fr-eb-fblb-1-23021.jpg
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	5853939

Thanks in advance for any replies!!
    "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Re: Harley Benton Fusion II?? Tell me about it!

I hadn't seen them, but they look great! I'd be more interested in the 22 fret model than 24, but I like that purple and the Wilkinson. We don't see that brand in the US, but they look legit.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by The JEM Ghost View Post
      Hi to all!

I came across the Harley Benton Fusion II-models and after checking their specs, I became pretty interested in them.
      Harley Benton is the "housebrand" of Thomann, a big retailer from Germany.

They are made in Inodnesia and specs are pretty impressive for their price tag.
      They feature quality trems (Wilkinson VS50 or Floyd Rose 1000 depending on the model), stainless steel frets, spokewheel truss rod adjustment, quality tuners (locking WSC's or Grovers depending on the model), Graphtech nut,... On paper they seem pretty impressive at this price point.

So of course, I was wondering if any of you have any experience with these Harley Benton Fusion models? Does not really matter what exact model, ST or T-style, Floyd of Wilkinson equipped, roasted maple or regular, ... I'd like to hear about it anyway!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104748[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104749[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104750[/ATTACH]

Thanks in advance for any replies!!
      Acquitance of mine bought similar fusion as in lowest picture last year. I tried it and seemed pretty damn good.

Can't say about reliability or such, played it unplugged just a couple of minutes. But it felt and looks way above it's price range.

Not my kind of guitar that type, but if it was, I wouldn't hesitate to order one myself.
      "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
      Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Any 'house brands' offered in any store I've been in the US have been pretty bad. Looks like they get good reviews, so you are pretty lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          Any 'house brands' offered in any store I've been in the US have been pretty bad. Looks like they get good reviews, so you are pretty lucky.
          Yea. I've played couple of older HB guitars and they we're plain awful. But those we're ~150 € budget guitars also.

I've heard positive things of their newer offerings though. But that's all my experince with them.
          "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
          Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Harley Benton is killing it in Price-performer land.

I'll take the purple and the blue w/ Floyd.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Thanks for the input so far!
              But guys... You sure don't help to battle the GAS I am feeling towards this model!!
              Might pull the trigger on that purple one...
              I have a lot of 24 fret, Floyd equipped guitars, a 22 fretter with a Wilkinson would be a welcome addition to my guitar collection.
              We'll see how much longer I am able to resist, but it seriously itches just to get one!
              "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

I hate trees in general, but my all-time favorite Rem guitar was a Yamaha Pacifica, a high end one, with a Wilkinson V100 and Sperzel Locking tuners, and likely a supremely well cut nut.
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I've heard good things about the Harley-Benton line. Been very curious myself.

Comment

They make all kinds of products for that store. I wish we had something like that in the US that had such a good price/performance ratio.

Comment

They have a LP Jr. DC and a LP Jr. SC. Both look really nice.
                      Last edited by ErikH; 05-14-2020, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Always heard good things about the brand...their house brand pedals are rebranded joyos I believe. I have a HB 1x12 cab with a vintage 30 that was like $118 that I absolutely love. Always wanted one of those fusions....
                        Quality riffs in about a minute...
                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Just FYI, Thomann has a USA-centered website now, and will ship guitars for 45 Euros to the US. Google 'Thomann Music USA'

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by larryguitar View Post
                            Just FYI, Thomann has a USA-centered website now, and will ship guitars for 45 Euros to the US. Google 'Thomann Music USA'

Larry
                            This changes things.
                            You know, that market was just sitting there. Guitar Center or Sam Ash could have built up a great house brand, but they put out stuff that was pretty terrible and people figured it out and stayed away.

Comment

Originally posted by superpete View Post
                              their house brand pedals are rebranded joyos I believe. I have a HB 1x12 cab with a vintage 30 that was like $118 that I absolutely love.
                              You are right my friend, most Harley Benton pedals are indeed rebranded Joyo pedals. Definitely not bad for the price either!
                              One of Thomann's rivals, Musicstore (also German) has Fame as their home brand, a couple of years ago they were relabeled Biyang pedals, I got a couple myself and those are really good for the price as well. Shame they changed over the years, they don't relabel Biyang anymore unfortunately.

As Mincer said, Thomann has all kinds of products sporting their house brand name Harley Benton.
                              I have cases, strap locks, tuners, pedals and a cabinet with the Harley Benton name on it, all of them are very very good for the price payed!
                              The cabinet was pretty crazy, it's a 2X12 loaded with Celestion Vintage 30's and it cost just as much as 2 Celestion Vintage 30's bought seperately, without the actual cab and connection material...
                              Talking about a great deal!!

Sometimes its a little trial and error, for example, the first Harley Benton guitars had issues, but overall it seems like the Harley Benton products offer great value for money!

I hope these Fusions are as good as they look on paper and as how the many positive reviews claim them to be.
                              If they are anywhere near as good as they seem, it has to be an offer not to let go!

Comment

Working...
                              X