banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG using SD 59 HB (neck) and SH-4 JB HB (Bridge)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SG using SD 59 HB (neck) and SH-4 JB HB (Bridge)

So, I need some wiring help. I have a 2 wire 59 HB for my neck and a SH-4 JB HB for my Bridge.
    My dilemma is that I have 4 CTS pots 2 are standard 500k and 2 are 500k push/pulls.
    I know how to wire the Bridge to the VOL and Tone (as push/pull). But how do I properly wire up the single coil neck HB? I know the second push/pull wonÂ’t get me split coils.. since there is only one. But IÂ’m not sure how to wire it correctly. ItÂ’s only 2 wires.. conductor and ground.. but where they go is what worries me.

Any help someone can suggest would be awesome!

Thanks I advance
    Rick

Re: SG using SD 59 HB (neck) and SH-4 JB HB (Bridge)

Originally posted by Sickel_Rider View Post
    So, I need some wiring help. I have a 2 wire 59 HB for my neck and a SH-4 JB HB for my Bridge.
    My dilemma is that I have 4 CTS pots 2 are standard 500k and 2 are 500k push/pulls.
    I know how to wire the Bridge to the VOL and Tone (as push/pull). But how do I properly wire up the single coil neck HB? I know the second push/pull wonÂ’t get me split coils.. since there is only one. But IÂ’m not sure how to wire it correctly. ItÂ’s only 2 wires.. conductor and ground.. but where they go is what worries me.

Any help someone can suggest would be awesome!

Thanks I advance
    Rick
    Unfortunately 2 conductor pickups can't be split; you need four conductor wiring for that. The '59 is available with 4 conductor wiring, but it has to be ordered that way specifically. If the pickup is new, I'd try to exchange it for the 4-conductor version, or possibly try contacting SD to see if you can use their 21-day exchange policy to get a 4-conductor '59.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Re: SG using SD 59 HB (neck) and SH-4 JB HB (Bridge)

On a two-wire humbucker the inner is hot & outer braided cover is ground. Just wire it up with the inner wire to the volume input & the outer to the ground. The push/pull switch won't do anything but it won't hurt anything either.

Comment

Working...
      X