Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool article

Re: Cool article

I suppose for singles this makes sense. Most of my tone pots are 500k with a 0.47mf cap. Plenty of range to dial it in if I've just changed strings. And a few years ago, I got a bag of "orange drop" caps in the bargain bin at GC. Not sure if they help, don't think that they hurt.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

.47 or .047? most tone controls for passive pups are .1 down to .01 with the most common being .047 and .022. i dont use anything bigger than .022 usually and i dont find caps smaller than .01 much use either

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        .47 or .047? most tone controls for passive pups are .1 down to .01 with the most common being .047 and .022. i dont use anything bigger than .022 usually and i dont find caps smaller than .01 much use either
        Most of my guitars have .022, with an occasional .015 for a neck humbucker here and there.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I also sun .047s. With humbuckers. When I turn that knob I wanna hear some muffling!

Comment

Working...
          X