banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some SSS Strat sounding guitars with a NON-Strat/alternative body.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some SSS Strat sounding guitars with a NON-Strat/alternative body.

Helping a good friend.

What are some sub $1200'ish (USD) SSS guitars that will give you a super realistic Strat sound, but does not have a traditional Strat shaped body ?
    Must have the 'Fender 25.5 inch' scale length though

Thanks to all.
    Formerly known as; SirJackdeFuzz (7400+ posts)

Re: Need some SSS Strat sounding guitars with a NON-Strat/alternative body.

If you can squeeze out an extra hundred bucks you can have the real deal - 2018 Fender Parallel Universe Strat-Tele Hybrid. Strat pickups in a Tele body.

https://reverb.com/item/11229139-fen...urst-with-case

Comment

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz II View Post
      Helping a good friend.

What are some sub $1200'ish (USD) SSS guitars that will give you a super realistic Strat sound, but does not have a traditional Strat shaped body ?
      Must have the 'Fender 25.5 inch' scale length though

Thanks to all.
      Maybe a used Music Man Albert Lee.
      Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

Comment

how far out do you want the shape?

Comment

Originally posted by akio View Post
          If you can squeeze out an extra hundred bucks you can have the real deal - 2018 Fender Parallel Universe Strat-Tele Hybrid. Strat pickups in a Tele body.

https://reverb.com/item/11229139-fen...urst-with-case
          Thank you . . . i am sure that can become an option

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            how far out do you want the shape?
            Good question : . . . i would say, something like this, or more / 'beyond'.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ibanez sa sss 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	5819154

Comment

Another Ibanez SA S/S/S

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	5819155

Comment

I'm sure a Godin will get him there
                https://godinguitars.com/product/pro...ns-cream-hg-rn
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

It’s Mahogany and 24.75” but the Ibanez Fireman is very cool to me...

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Music Man Cutlass
                    If I only had a dollar for every song I've sung
                    every time I had to play while people sat there drunk,

Comment

+1 on the Albert Lee. Most of the others are basically Strat-shaped (except the Fireman, which unfortunately has no trem).
                      "Brains have been washed. Fear has been mongered. Now we prepare for the final stage of our conspiracy theory." - Isle Of Dogs

Comment

If it were me, I'd go Albert Lee. If it were me and I was on a budget, I'd buy a Nashville Tele... any Nashville Tele... and replace the neck with a regular Strat pickup.

But that's me.
                        ---------------------------
                        The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

The Albert Lee uses Duncans, too along with the Silent Circuit, which is a dummy coil system that takes all the hum out while still having the classic single coil sounds.
                          Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

Comment

Jazzmaster with a s/s/s pickguard? Wouldn't be hard to do.

Comment

I'd be into that. I saw recently that Fender released a JM/Strat combo that was a Strat body with JM pickups and trem (and maybe switching? I can't recall). Really, to me, a Worst-of-both-Worlds scenario.

Originally posted by Dave Locher View Post
                              Jazzmaster with a s/s/s pickguard? Wouldn't be hard to do.
                              ---------------------------
                              The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Working...
                              X