banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some SSS Strat sounding guitars with a NON-Strat/alternative body.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need some SSS Strat sounding guitars with a NON-Strat/alternative body.

there are some interesting options on this site

EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
      I'm sure a Godin will get him there
      The Progression Plus further expands on its predecessor’s tonal triumphs by featuring 2x Godin GS-2 single-coil pickups in the neck & middle positions, along with the added crunch & bite of a Seymour Duncan JB Jr.™ single-coil-size ‘rails’ humbucker in the bridge. It also features a new ergonomic, rounded and contoured body, the Godin High-Definition

VERY interesting . . . thank you
      Formerly known as; SirJackdeFuzz (7400+ posts)

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        It’s Mahogany and 24.75” but the Ibanez Fireman is very cool to me...

I LIKE this one . . . my buddy, not so much

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
          Music Man Cutlass
          W O W . . . thank you very much . . . i have never seen this model before.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
            If it were me, I'd go Albert Lee. If it were me and I was on a budget, I'd buy a Nashville Tele... any Nashville Tele... and replace the neck with a regular Strat pickup.

But that's me.
            With a Strat pick up in a Nashville Tele, will it (blind folded) sound like a legit Strat ?

Comment

there are some interesting options on this site

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/in...2113471/page-4
              GREAT find . . . thank you very much !!!

EDIT : this might work . . . an Ibanez RG, with a replacement/after market SSS scratch plate !!!
              Last edited by SirJackdeFuzz II; 05-21-2020, 03:51 AM. Reason: EDITed...

Comment

EHD

Comment

EHD

Comment

Close enough for me, and with positions 1 and 3 that I'd actually be MORE likely to use.

But I'm on record (repeatedly) as not liking most Strat bridge pickups and most Tele neck pickups. So Strat-Strat-Tele is a great combo for me. For other people, with other preferences...maybe, maybe not.

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz II View Post
                    With a Strat pick up in a Nashville Tele, will it (blind folded) sound like a legit Strat ?
                    Last edited by St_Genesius; 05-21-2020, 11:11 AM.
                    ---------------------------
                    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

This is, as the kids used to say, extremely my s***. I have no memory of this model, though. The Strat trem makes it look a lot like the current American Performer JM.

The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

Comment

That came to mind, too, but they are nearly double the OP's stated budget. I'm not even sure it's officially out yet. I love this as a concept, but the price and the hideous color combination would be more than enough to send me over to the likes of Warmoth.
                        Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

yeah its a bit much
                          but it does express the OPs desire so well
                          EHD

Comment

What's the name of the model? A Reverse GIS brought up, weirdly, the G&L Jerry Cantrell Rampage.

I'm can't tell what's going on with the finish, but a gold pickguard on a warm white is a-ok by me. Is this one transparent over flame?

Originally posted by MikeS View Post
                            That came to mind, too, but they are nearly double the OP's stated budget. I'm not even sure it's officially out yet. I love this as a concept, but the price and the hideous color combination would be more than enough to send me over to the likes of Warmoth.

Comment

Another brilliant model from the Fender Parallel Universe series, this is the Strat Jazz Deluxe model in Transparent Faded Seafoam Green. This offset guitar has a figured maple top over a top-bound slab Jazzmaster body, complete with a 1-piece rosewood neck and 22 narrow tall frets. The pickups are three Texas Special
                              EHD

Comment

The Godin is a great guitar. Their designs are always a little 'chunky' and not as sleek as some other companies, but I do appreciate that they have their own thing going on there. That little button on the pickguard changes the tone pretty drastically, too. It isn't a gimmick at all.
                                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                                X