banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got 150/200USD before I'm broke for years. What to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got 150/200USD before I'm broke for years. What to get?

Hey guys-

I'm moving into a new apartment now (expensive, because it's adjusted for my mental health issues)-

Also I'm going to start paying down on my debt (old bills)-

And will therefore be more or less completely broke for up-to 5 years.

I got about 200 USD to spend on gear-
    preferably for my guitar rig, that is:

Epi Wildkat Koa- Joyo nascar analog delay - TC electronic "3rd dimension chorus" (rarely used) Blackstar HT-20mkII -

got a strap, stand, strings, picks- a gigbag, and I think also a Gator semi-hard case.

cheers
    -Erlend
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Re: Got 150/200USD before I'm broke for years. What to get?

Main inspirational artists these days, are;:

Joe Satriani, Bill Frisell, Jon Shaffer

(as different as sugar and salt, I guess)

If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Honestly, it would be a smarter move taking that money and putting it aside for things you will need once you get in to your apartment. Now is not the time to spend money on gear. It's your money though so do what you want. But be smart with it.

If there is anything to get, more strings and picks. Things that will wear out and need changing. Gear just to have more gear is the last thing to look it.
      Last edited by ErikH; 05-19-2020, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Using Timber Tones wooden picks. The ebony one hardly takes any wear- but the others grind down fast. Good thing is- a broader, longer edge is no problem.

Strings I can always afford.

What I "need" is a coffee maker and - thermos. (and liqour-beer, but that's being taken out of the calculation)

I really want a 1x12" extension cab, though it's expensive.

An EH "octavix" used fuzz-
        And a volume pedal.

-Erlend

Comment

Have to agree here. Unless you are needing to make money with your rig, you have what you need right now.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post
            I really want a 1x12" extension cab, though it's expensive.
            Take a look at this 1 X 12 with a Celestion Vintage 30 speaker built in, it really won't break the bank and will get you what you really want:
            Cabinet for Electric Guitar Equipment: 1x 12" Celestion Vintage 30 speaker, Power rating: 60 W, Impedance: 8 Ohm, 18 mm high-quality poplar plywood housing, Half-open rear wall, Rearloaded, Trim strip, Carrying handle, Dimensions (W x H x D): 460 x...

I got the 2 X 12 and I am very pleased with it!
            "You can buy muscles (steroďds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

$200 won't buy you a lot in the world of guitar, but it can buy a good bit in terms of things you'll need for living.
              You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
              Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post
                Hey guys-

I'm moving into a new apartment now (expensive, because it's adjusted for my mental health issues)-

Also I'm going to start paying down on my debt (old bills)-

And will therefore be more or less completely broke for up-to 5 years.

I got about 200 USD to spend on gear-
                preferably for my guitar rig, that is:

Epi Wildkat Koa- Joyo nascar analog delay - TC electronic "3rd dimension chorus" (rarely used) Blackstar HT-20mkII -

got a strap, stand, strings, picks- a gigbag, and I think also a Gator semi-hard case.

cheers
                -Erlend
                What gauge strings do you play?
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I can't believe you're considering buying another wildkat after all the threads started where you want to change 90% of it.

Comment

More or less insane than adding an extension cab to your APARTMENT rig?

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
                    I can't believe you're considering buying another wildkat after all the threads started where you want to change 90% of it.
                    ---------------------------
                    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Well once one starts with bad decisions
                      It's hard to kick that addiction
                      EHD
                      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                        What gauge strings do you play?
                        I thought is was an easy question.
                        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by The JEM Ghost View Post
                          Take a look at this 1 X 12 with a Celestion Vintage 30 speaker built in, it really won't break the bank and will get you what you really want:
                          Cabinet for Electric Guitar Equipment: 1x 12" Celestion Vintage 30 speaker, Power rating: 60 W, Impedance: 8 Ohm, 18 mm high-quality poplar plywood housing, Half-open rear wall, Rearloaded, Trim strip, Carrying handle, Dimensions (W x H x D): 460 x...

I got the 2 X 12 and I am very pleased with it!
                          i can vouch for this...I have this 1x12 and it rules
                          Quality riffs in about a minute...
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Sell the Epi and see what that brings - then possibly get something you REALLY like that inspires you to play - second hand of course will get your moneys worth.

Extension cabinet in your new apartment - is that really doable?
                            You mentioned you mother does not approve as it were now playing - neighbours at new place might not either.
                            Improve rig for phones maybe?
                            Some multi effect pedal or similar.

Just some wild ideas....

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                              I thought is was an easy question.
                              Sorry, been offline for some time.

0,11's-.

I love my Epi Wildkat;

just wanted to ask around if some upgrades were readily aviable or not.

Who told anyone, I didn't like my guitar?

peace
                              -Erl

Comment

Working...
                              X