Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fender Colors!

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    Well, at some point, Fender decided to use pearl and metalflake finishes, most likely from car paints. But classic colors seem to be what is on the market today. If you spray cars, it might be a great side business to also spray guitars. This way, paint gets used. But man, we are stuck on sunbursts and black these days.
    Like these guys - http://guitarpaintguys.com/

I just wish they did some satin finishes.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
      Like these guys - http://guitarpaintguys.com/

I just wish they did some satin finishes.
      Satin is just the luster and polishing of the final coat, isn’t it? A Warmoth they have every color in gloss or satin. I bet these guys would do it too.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        Satin is just the luster and polishing of the final coat, isn’t it? A Warmoth they have every color in gloss or satin. I bet these guys would do it too.
        It can be a satin vs gloss clear coat or I believe their are additives that can be used in the color coat to flatten the sheen (as is used in Latex and enamels)

Comment

I find I like satin better, too...especially after playing outside in Florida...you stick to every gloss finish.
          Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

Comment

Flattener, pearls, metallics, whatever - can be added to the finish during mixing. Believe it or not - there are recipes for this stuff. That's what the paint sellers use. This much white toner, this much color toner, this much black or whatever.

I mix a lot of my stuff, especially how dark the amber is on the clients neck.
            aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Working...
            X