NGD: Ended up with 2002 Ibanez Japanese Spot Model S2620

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Ended up with 2002 Ibanez Japanese Spot Model S2620

First and foremost thanks to the guys who responded to my S2620 thread a few weeks ago. I ended up buying the S2620 because the features were just so dang intriguing.

-PAF Pros
    -"Vintage Silver" hardware
    -Black painted jack "cup"
    -No Truss Rod Cover
    -Flame Maple top
    -Light Amber Finish

It's GOT to be a Spot model...I'm thinking it was for the Ishibashi stores because I saw a single reference to someone on Jemsite saying they saw one in or on the Ishibashi storefront.

It's a bit different than my S5570 construction-wise because it's one of the models with a thicker body, 22 frets, and no single coil in the middle. The tone is radically different with the PAF Pros in a 22 frets. It's even more...sing-y than the S5570

I have some pics of the two S guitars side by side for comparison. Especially if someone wants to see the difference in body thicknesses.

All threads are useless without pics of course!
    Attached Files
    “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Re: NGD: Ended up with 2002 Ibanez Japanese Spot Model S2620

Nice!

Congrats!!

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Comment

looks great! hard to tell how much thicker the body is. necks similar between them? other than two frets obviously

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        looks great! hard to tell how much thicker the body is. necks similar between them? other than two frets obviously
        I'd say about 1/16 going up to 1/8" in the middle. It was hard to photograph unfortunately.

The radius is supposedly the same, it feels very close. That said, the neck on the '02 seems a hair thicker...and it should theoretically be thinner than my '14's neck because that one has a Wizard HP. Time-wise the profile lines up with the availability of the "reissued" Wizard 1 necks, but I just don't know if that's actually what it is.

Luke
        “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Kinda a classy looking guitar.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

its a classy lookin shredstick! thanks for the info

Comment

Congrats!!
              I LOVE the hardware color. Especially on the Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                Kinda a classy looking guitar.
                its a classy lookin shredstick! thanks for the info
                Thanks fellas. I guess that's why this one really kinda spoke to me looks-wise. It's classic looking construction in a lot ways, but just some twists and turns.

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                Congrats!!
                I LOVE the hardware color. Especially on the Floyd.
                I'd be lying if I said the hardware didn't MAKE the look in a lot of ways.

Comment

Wow, that's a nice guitar!!!
                  I'm always asking myself why Ibanez has not come up with a better looking switch and the S model. I know the body is thin but the switch is almost bigger than my phone...

Comment

Working...
                  X