Pickguard PLUS wood mount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickguard PLUS wood mount?

So I've been planning upgrading my guitar for when this all calms down, here's a pic:

I've been thinking of going for humbuckers, I could either:
    A: ask the luthier to enlarge the wood and pickguard holes for a full size pickup
    B: get p90 sized humbuckers.

B would be more expensive and limiting, A might look weird with the big hole in the pickguard.

SO, anybody knows of strat-style guitars with a pickguard but also wood mounted pickups? I wanna see how ugly it might end up looking...
    I remember seeing a model like that a long time ago, google and bing haven't helped.

>Or any opnion on the plan itself.

Peace!
    "Eventually there will be a beautiful statue there, I just have to chip away" -Satriani

Pickguard PLUS wood mount?

Just make a new pickguard with humbucker size openings. You don’t need mounting rings or anything.

There are a lot of different P-90 size humbuckers on the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Pickguard PLUS wood mount?

Couldn't view your attachment, but I really like the soapbar sized 180 humbucking pickups GFS makes.

Comment

You want to replace P-90s with buckers!!!?

Why?!

If you think the P-90s don't sound "big" enough, just put a couple A8 mags in it (bridge). And UOA5s in the neck.

But don't even talk about replacing P-90s with buckers...that's blasphemy!
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

(in case the pic isn't opening for anybody else, the guitar is a Tagima TW 61)

David, making a pickguard did come to mind, it's just that I had terrible luck finding plates for that online here in Brasil : <

Junior, from what I read over the web, GFS stuff either is awesome, or can be good but bad quality control makes it risky.

Doc, I know, know, heresy!
          It's just, I wanted to upgrade the guitar, pickups in a cheap guitar are a good place to start. She's kinda noisy, and I love humbucker sounds... So why not do that?

I am eyeing a rather hot/warm humbucker set from a local winder, not sure what would give me a similar tone while still being p90s.
          Probably the A8 in the bridge would work, but as in everything in pickups to me, it's all black magic until you plug it.
          "Eventually there will be a beautiful statue there, I just have to chip away" -Satriani

Comment

Working...
          X