Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool vid

Re: Cool vid

I liked that vid. I always took my guitar building for granted assuming that's how every custom build was done. But this vid is a real eye opener and makes me really appreciate all of the work I have been putting into my builds.

For such a very simple guitar design, they make it look like a lot of work...even using CNC routers! My builds are 10 times more complex with their chambered bodies, multi-laminated exotic woods, belly relief, routed front edge treatment, binding, and compensated nut...and all done by hand!

Whatever they are charging for their guitars, it's way too much. And whatever I am charging for mine, it's way too little.

Thanks for posting that vid.
    Last edited by GuitarDoc; 06-13-2020, 09:25 AM.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
      I liked that vid. I always took my guitar building for granted assuming that's how every custom build was done. But this vid is a real eye opener and makes me really appreciate all of the work I have been putting into my builds.

For such a very simple guitar design, they make it look like a lot of work...even using CNC routers! My builds are 10 times more complex with their chambered bodies, multi-laminated exotic woods, belly relief, routed front edge treatment, binding, and compensated nut...and all done by hand!

Whatever they are charging for their guitars, it's way too much. And whatever I am charging for mine, it's way too little.

Thanks for posting that vid.

My god it's like I'm reading my own thought here!

Comment

Glad I'm not alone.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

These things may be nice looking and even play & sound good but a guitar that a true Luthier makes has something more to it. It's indescribable but it's definitely different to me.

Comment

Working...
          X