Okay so i can admit when im wrong ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay so i can admit when im wrong ...

Well partially wrong. I was on here a few days ago bagging on Indonesian JEMs and im still not okay spending over $2K for an Indonesian JEM ......

However, one of my dear friends & local shops is liquidating and not going to survive due to the covid thing as a business. Im heartbroken as he's a good friend an asset to the community and an amazing person/musician to boot.

That being said he sold me an ESP/LTD Lynch Kamakaze [made in China]. I have to say from the the electronics to the CNC work everything is pretty Fuggin spot on & amazing.
    You literally need to take gear by a case by case basis.

It is a worthy axe and a bargain price.

Re: Okay so i can admit when im wrong ...

I've never subscribed to cork-sniffery. There are tone and tons of wonderful budget priced guitars out there.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Comment

I wouldn't do a $2000 IndoJem either,,,,,,,,but this kami is nice and probably was a great price.

Comment

Originally posted by shupe13 View Post
        I've never subscribed to cork-sniffery. There are tone and tons of wonderful budget priced guitars out there.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk
        There sure are. When i started playing in the 60's & 70's there was Gibson & Fender and everything else & for a young person the "everything else" was pretty terrible sounding & un-playable.

Comment

07:00 morning jam ...

Comment

RE: the $2000 Indonesian JEM

There's a mandolin company called Northfield, based in the US, who sends pieces of mandolins to their shop in China. The guys at the Chinese shop build and do some finish work on the instruments, then they're shipped back here to be completed. The resulting product is arguably as good as anything being made here, and costs less than half as much, but we're still talking $3-6000, or higher in some cases. Mike Marshall, one of the biggest names in the mandolin world, stopped playing his $200k+ vintage Gibson F-5 in favor of a Northfield that's available for $6000. Mike's had this instrument since the mid-70's, customized it heavily since then, and spent 40-ish years playing it for thousands and thousands of hours. Then a company who's instruments are mostly built in China made him one that he likes better.

After that, and owning several Eastman instruments (hand built in a small Chinese place), country of origin means nothing to me, and there's no reason those Indo-Jems couldn't blow the MIJ stuff away.
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

The CNC work on this Kamikaze is impeccable as is everything else. This same guitar is on Reverb right now for over $800.
              I paid less than 1/2 that. Im good friends with the shop owner who sold me this, likely would have cost more for somebody else.
              Its a great product. I have several George Lynch endorsed products & he really only signs off on stuff that meets his standards and alot of it for working class folks.

Comment

Well, as much as this guy deserves all the respect and admiration of the world, this video should put a lot of things into perspective. We should feel really lucky that we can play those "sh!tty" Indo guitars:

Comment

There isn't a $2000 MII Jem. The most expensive MII Jem is the white JEM7VP, and that one sell for $1800, while I wouldn't pay that for it, if you paid $2k for any of them you got ripped.

But yes, I also hate to admit it, but there is nice stuff coming out of China and Indonesia. Check out Eastman acoustic, beautiful guitars handcrafted in China. I hear good things about their electrics too but have never tried one.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                    There isn't a $2000 MII Jem. The most expensive MII Jem is the white JEM7VP, and that one sell for $1800, while I wouldn't pay that for it, if you paid $2k for any of them you got ripped.

But yes, I also hate to admit it, but there is nice stuff coming out of China and Indonesia. Check out Eastman acoustic, beautiful guitars handcrafted in China. I hear good things about their electrics too but have never tried one.
                    $1800 with tax & shipping is about $2130 Bro.

China is very competitive these days.
                    Last edited by JMP/HBE; 06-15-2020, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
                      $1800 with tax & shipping is about $2130 Bro.

China is very competitive these days.
                      Ouch! That seems like a lot of shipping and tax. For future reference, if an Ibanez has a "P" at the end of the model name/number there are Indo Premiums. I have been impressed with some of the Premium RGs I've played, just can't bring myself to pay that much for one.

Glad you like the Kami! I had one of the old maple neck sawtooth ones back in the day, those maple bodies are heavy! Are the LTDs maple?

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                        Ouch! That seems like a lot of shipping and tax. For future reference, if an Ibanez has a "P" at the end of the model name/number there are Indo Premiums. I have been impressed with some of the Premium RGs I've played, just can't bring myself to pay that much for one.

Glad you like the Kami! I had one of the old maple neck sawtooth ones back in the day, those maple bodies are heavy! Are the LTDs maple?
                        Japan ESP's are Maple.
                        This one is Basswood, about 7.5 pounds. I took it to practice yesterday. It is a Beast.

Im going to get a big brass block for the Floyd at some point but the one in there sounds not bad at all.

Comment

Rawk!

Good is good.
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                          X