NGD Letters and numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Letters and numbers

Never bought something sight unseen before, but I'm incredibly impressed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200612_174153 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	5854596Click image for larger version

Name:	20200612_193057 (2).jpg
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	5854597Click image for larger version

Name:	20200613_045126 (2).jpg
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	5854599Click image for larger version

Name:	20200612_174247 (2).jpg
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	5854598

LTD MH-1000HS. I don't see how they can refer to it as violet shadow fade if it's all blue watercolors but it looks great.

These things have a hot rails in the neck, and a Pegasus in the bridge. Which I expected to sound kinda off because I've never actually liked hot rails in anything I've played, but they pair together pretty well. The splits actually sound a bit gilmour-esque, and it sounds fantastic. As for the Pegasus alone it's versatility is pretty nice, going from clean jazz to crunchy blues to hair metal and downtuned metal is a pretty tall order but it keeps up really well. In comparison it's like a more articulate Nazgul.

Having never touched an LTD or ESP product in my life I was expecting to have to do some kind of work on it to make it play just right but the setup setup out of the box was flawless. The floyd stays in tune, it was actually intonated which blew me away, I don't have any fret buzz, no open string floyd buzz, the action was nice and low, the neck is incredibly straight, and the only flaw I found is a yellow spot on the headstock binding and it buffed off. I was genuinely disappointed I didn't have to work on it, and at the same time very impressed with their quality control.
    Last edited by StoRMiE; 06-14-2020, 11:34 PM.

Re: NGD Letters and numbers

Congrats, that thing looks sweet! As for the color, Jackson's "chlorine burst" looks about to be the same color as this, so go figure...

Comment

I have an ESP and have played a decent number of LTDs and they are well made guitars. Dollar for me bangy long time, I think LTD is an awesome deal.
      Nice guitar.
      Is that their thin u neck? That is an awesome neck.

Comment

Originally posted by PS412 View Post
        I have an ESP and have played a decent number of LTDs and they are well made guitars. Dollar for me bangy long time, I think LTD is an awesome deal.
        Nice guitar.
        Is that their thin u neck? That is an awesome neck.
        Yeah thin u, It kinda reminds me of the 80s ibanez D shape but without the cliffs.

Comment

Yep. I like it.

Comment

Congrats!

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the new guitar. I just recently picked up a LTD and love it. Great product for the dollar spent on them.
              1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
              Jackson Soloist 7 string
              ESP LTD M-400
              Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Great guitar! Congrats!

Here is mine, in Black Cherry Fade, and the swapped pickup set: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...-gonna-kill-me
                Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

I am a sucker for blue quilted tops...I have a Brian Moore with that color scheme. Congrats on a most elegant piece!
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Very sexy! I wasn't expecting neck-through and then bam. The fade is beautiful. The 2x ESP and 3x LTD I've ever played were all really nice guitars, that one just grabs me

Is that a 5-way switch? Curious how the in-between positions sound with a split humbucker and the rails. Very good to know the Pegasus can handle all that

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
                    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                    • G&L Tribute Comanche
                    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman_666 View Post

Is that a 5-way switch? Curious how the in-between positions sound with a split humbucker and the rails. Very good to know the Pegasus can handle all that
                      3-way with a master vol/tone and a push-pull, if you split one you split both. That said the makeshift between positions work really well and manage to nail that 70s funk tone and the 80-90s cleans, and does a pretty good job of still sounding like it has a middle pickup. With a bit of gain even they manage to do the SRV thing pretty well too. Still a metal machine though.
                      Last edited by StoRMiE; 06-19-2020, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X