Argh!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argh!!!!

Hi!,,, not really sure what to ask or state here.... I am selling my Gibson LP trad pro on ebay right now.... I have had 1 jack donkey that states he would not give me more than a grand... (Im used to lowball offers) But... ive had 3 ding dongs send me messages that this guitar is a chibson, fake...
    What the hell can I do to disprove this> I bought the guitar new from guitar center back when.. every thing appeared and appears correct . Sadly the sales reciept they printed me has faded... But again, I have no reason to think its fake buying from GC. What can I do to verify??
    thanks
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Argh!!!!

Call Gibson and verify the serial number
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

I'd just contact Gibson with the serial #, their records should indicate finish and options and if that all matches up I don't see how anyone could tell you you're wrong.

It's probably just like you said, bunch of jackholes trying to lowball you, they probably don't think it's actually fake

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

You get all kinds of idiots whenever you sell a big ticket, high demand item.
        Block them - they won't buy it and if one of them DOES "win" it they will cause you nothing but headaches.

I used to sell a LOT on eBay and after awhile I figured out that anyone who annoys you in any way should not be allowed to bid. They do s#it like cancel their bid at the last minute, or claim it is broken when they get it, etc.

TLDR: don't argue with them, block them from bidding!

Comment

They are just playing you trying to see if you know what you have for sale. Ignore them. Serious buyers will recognize it as a real Gibson if that is what it is.

Comment

The higher price or quality of product will attract specific buyers. They can be very picky, alert, or cynical due to the cost theyll shell out. Can't say I blame them, but as a seller, it can wear you down for sure. Although for a traditional (which are best bang for buck with current les pauls IMO), I wouldn't expect this kind of scruity. Maybe a historic or CS model.

Whenever I sell Gibsons or high dollar items, showing case candy, tags, and certificates helps. Anything that shows the serial number (you can still block most of it) and model.

If you call Gibson, see if they can email you something verifying you called to check the authenticity of the guitar. Have you considered Reverb, most of my buyers there are more down to earth.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
            Last edited by YeRedHouseOverYonder; 06-20-2020, 09:31 PM.

Comment

You don't have to do anything except ignore those fools. The kind of people who write you like that are not potential buyers; they're just numb-nutted dick strokers. Thicken your skin and move on.
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Yogi Berra was correct.
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Ignore and block....
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                X