Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Gibson Vixen turn into the 2014 Melody Maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Did the Gibson Vixen turn into the 2014 Melody Maker?

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
    Where are you getting that?!

Whether a bottom line guitar has a wrap bridge that is adjustable or not has nothing to do with sex. The LP Jr and MM were not designed for women. I don't think Leslie West is a woman either.
    I forgot the smiley to indicate that I was joking; here it is: That said, the wraparound bridge as used by Gibson does represent a compromise as far as intonation goes. A lot of great music has been written on imperfectly intonated guitars (heck, the entire instrument is arguably imperfectly intonated!); is just struck me as curious that the two models that Gibson have marketed specifically towards women both had them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Locher View Post
      I have never seen a Goddess in person so there might be something I don't like about how they feel but I think I would love to own one. I wouldn't turn down a Vixen, either, but I would probably refinish it.
      I played a blue Goddess years ago. It screamed, great player and a very cool finish.

| Gear Reviews | Beer | Babes | The Internet's Only Unedited & Uncensored Musician's Forum | Sports |

Comment

I love the way they look, and I like thin body guitars and i like Gibsons, so it seems like a natural fit for me. The name doesn't draw me in or push me away. But they must be a but rare, which is ok because I do not need another guitar.

Comment

I really like the thinner LPs. I liked the Firebrands, and the Smart Woods, too.
          Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan
          Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            I really like the thinner LPs. I liked the Firebrands, and the Smart Woods, too.
            A Firebrand was my first higher-end guitar. It sounded good, but the frets on mine were really low and wide, and I could never get used to the feel of it.

Comment

I have a thin Les Paul that's comfortable and sounds great and a great player. It's called an SG.
              Originally posted by Demanic
              Incompetence is widespread in a world that rewards mediocrity while punishing excellence.
              Originally posted by GuitarFanatic
              I am currently using Skullcandy headphones I found in the garbage.
              I did find the DS-1 in the garbage.
              I once found a guitar amp in the garbage, a Peavey Studio 110. It caught fire at the first gig I played it at.. But it was at the end of it, thank god.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                I have a thin Les Paul that's comfortable and sounds great and a great player. It's called an SG.
                Yeah, but the balance isn't right for me, and the neck pickup is sort of in the 'wrong' place.
                Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan
                Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                  You are preaching to the choir - an SG was my main guitar for years! I think the did a Godess series of SGs too, and I wouldn't mind one of those either.

Comment

What do you mean I donít like change? Nobody likes change when it sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      Yeah, but the balance isn't right for me, and the neck pickup is sort of in the 'wrong' place.
                      Ah ha, but a good strap wonít allow it to dive, and the right sounding pickup in the neck can help get around the position of it. But yeah, I get it just canít work for some. Everything is a trade off.
                      Originally posted by Demanic
                      Incompetence is widespread in a world that rewards mediocrity while punishing excellence.
                      Originally posted by GuitarFanatic
                      I am currently using Skullcandy headphones I found in the garbage.
                      I did find the DS-1 in the garbage.
                      I once found a guitar amp in the garbage, a Peavey Studio 110. It caught fire at the first gig I played it at.. But it was at the end of it, thank god.

Comment

Working...
                      X