Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: S.I.T. strings

Originally posted by TMD View Post
    Apparently they give you an extra first and second string in the pack.
    Yes they do, forgot about that
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

i used to get them from my guitar teacher back in the early 90s...kept breaking the high e string. even with the extra one it came with i'd bust them both in a week. thought it was a burr in the saddle but tried a set of d'addarios and never had the issue (or SIT strings) again. always been meaning to try a set again for old times sake.
      Quality riffs in about a minute...
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Way to stand behind your product, I guess.
        Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan
        Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          Way to stand behind your product, I guess.
          You know, I haven’t broken a string since I was in high school.
          What do you mean I donít like change? Nobody likes change when it sucks.

Comment

You know, I haven’t broken a string since I was in high school.
            I don't break strings much...its been about 5 years. I do change them a lot, as the Florida humidity gets to them quickly, and I also play pretty softly.
            Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan
            Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

Comment

I've got them on my Charvel and my Dinky right now. They're cool. I used them a lot for a while about 15 years ago. Then they got tough to find so I switched back to the D'addario's that I'd used before that. I found them on Strings and Beyond a few months ago so I ordered a few sets. They're as nice as I remember them being.. I like Sfarzo Screamer's as well.. they're a tiny bit warmer/rounder & mid-ier than most other strings...like a D'daddrio set that's been used for a while. But yeah..the SIT's are good.
              Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 07-02-2020, 11:11 PM.
              "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
              If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I remember a pack of DR' strings I bought years ago-

to be rather dark, and very middy :o

Anyways, these days I just use regular D'addarios! 0,11's in standard tuning. .
                If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

"Back in the day" a few string makers would give you extra high E and B in a set, most of them stopped doing it at some point.
                  Al

Comment

You know, I havenít broken a string since I was in high school.
                    Me too. I've broken a shoe string since I've broken a guitar string.

Hope this isn't meandering too far off topic, but I like the Everly strings too. B-52 Rockers.

Comment

I bought a 1/2 dozen packs a while back, maybe 10 years ago or so.

The first pack was great so I installed them on two more guitars. Fully intonated and everything.

Only to find issues with g strings going dead in 2 or 3 days. 5 out of 6 packs were bad.

I tried a few other brands before ending up with elixirs.

Comment

I tried stay in tune strings once years ago, they stayed in tune very well but also broke quickly so I left it at that and went back to D'addarios.

Maybe not general, but was my experience.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by superpete View Post
                          i used to get them from my guitar teacher back in the early 90s...kept breaking the high e string. even with the extra one it came with i'd bust them both in a week. thought it was a burr in the saddle but tried a set of d'addarios and never had the issue (or SIT strings) again. always been meaning to try a set again for old times sake.
                          This sums up my experience too; they broke frequently on guitars where literally no other strings ever broke. I also wasn't crazy about how they sounded. These days I use either DRs or Curt Mangans on most guitars with D'Addarios on the couple where I want a more hi-fi sound.
                          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                          And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Iím starting to see an emerging consensus.
                            What do you mean I donít like change? Nobody likes change when it sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombiwoof View Post
                              "Back in the day" a few string makers would give you extra high E and B in a set, most of them stopped doing it at some point.
                              Al
                              I remember that - Boomers and all the others that were made by GHS but sold under various other brand names had extras.
                              Back in the 70s Ernie Ball also used to give you two of the high E and B.
                              "My hovercraft is full of eels."

Comment

It had something to do with the way the string is twisted at the ball end. They started off taking other strings and modifying them with the "Stay in tune" twist. After awhile, they began making their own.

I've used tons of their strings, always had great experiences.
                                "Patience is key. Hard work is obligatory. And itís the decisions you make right now, not the habits of the past, that will shape your success in the future." - Janek Gwizdala

Comment

Working...
                                X