banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do "guitar upgrades" really increase the value of the guitar? (poll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
    I'll bet that it sounds massive.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
    Totally. And versatile as hell. I can play pretty much anything on that guitar and it's great!

Comment

You have to look at the whole psychology of a sale/purchase.

Not every product or every feature appeals to all buyers. Plus there are a million instrument sellers (individuals, big box stores, and mom & pop stores) selling guitars, so there is a ton of competition. Not to mention all kinds of aftermarket part sellers, appealing to the "upgrade crowd".

Many people on here are experienced, know how to upgrade their instruments as they desire, and/or have specific tastes, but if you are selling to a pool of buyers much larger then the people on this forum (which I assume he is) then having a case as part of the purchase, having upgraded parts, etc. can up the value...again it depends on the buyer.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. My perspective is from taking a basic $100-300 guitar and doing my beer label/cd label treatment to the guitar. I am trying to determine if it is worthwhile to also hot rod the guitar. I think not. I’ve added high quality tuners, pickups, pro wiring, etc and it doesn’t seem to increase the value much. (Over the value of the work in the top of the guitar).

For shipping guitars I try to include a hardcase for safety, but you are right that people don’t want to pay more than $40-50 for a case in the used market (even if case was new).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        -=The Dali
        --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

The most recent guitar... classic rock LP with boutique pups and gotoh tuners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Attached Files
          -=The Dali
          --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Working...
          X