banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys use to generate drums on the computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys use to generate drums on the computer?

I'd like to record myself playing guitar onto my computer, but I also want some drums. I don't have a set, and I couldn't play one if I did, but I want to generate the drums on my computer. Is there software that does this? What do you guys use?

Re: What do you guys use to generate drums on the computer?

I use "Reason." It works pretty well - I got it in a software bundle that came with my soundcard (M-Audio Audiophile USB).

Comment

Check out PCdrummer. I use it and I think it works great.

PC Drummer is drum machine software for Windows computers. Sounds are sampled from real instruments and the controls are easier than expensive drum machines. Great sound and features. You can create your own patterns and full structured songs, configure individual instrument volume,control stereo positioning and pitch 88 semi Octaves up or down on any sound. No MIDI or other hookups are required, but home stereo amplification provides maximum effect.

Comment

Reason and/ or Rebirth by Propellerhead, sometimes Reality or Cubase itself...

The Rack. The Legacy. The Instruments. Your sound. Reason has everything you need to sound like you. It’s a virtual Rack where you wire up instruments and effects to create the sounds you're looking for.

For a "lower level", Steinberg´s B-Box is easy to use and can (thankfully) be hopped up with more "realistic" sounding samples. Groove Agent is the "newer version" IIRC

With millions of users worldwide, Steinberg is one of the world's largest manufacturers of audio software and hardware. Enter now the world of creativity!
        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

I usually just tap the monitor with a couple of pencils...
          green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

As zerb said I Have reBirth but the drums are somewhat limited...they do the job definitly if you want just a solid backing track but if you want to be creative with your drums you may want something different..
            Marshall JVM 410C
            Mesa Boogie DC-3
            ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
            1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
            2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
            2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
            1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
            2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
            1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

i just downloaded the pcdrummer demo and i have to say that im very impressed
              Marshall JVM 410C
              Mesa Boogie DC-3
              ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
              1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
              2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
              2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
              1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
              2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
              1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Working...
              X