Anyone use a tremsetter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use a tremsetter?

I really wanna try one of these. But dont know if its really what I need. I recently played an Ibanez s1620fb (the ones with the new ZR trem) at Guitar Center. That trem system is the coolest ever b/c it is like its fixed and floating at the same time...meaning you can drop D on the fly with out retuning or break a string with out it going out of tune too bad and still be able to pull it up! I know a tremsetter will stabalize the trem but will it make a full floating floyd perform like the ZR trem?

Re: Anyone use a tremsetter?

Thats cool about the "limited memory" as you put it. I play an Ibanez RG270dx and it stays in tune enough to where there is not a big audible difference. But its no Original Floyd. Will a tremsetter eliminate tuning problems (like with each individual string) or would it not work as well on a cheap licensed trem?

Comment

Re: Anyone use a tremsetter?

I used to have one with my Original Floyd-equipped strat and it worked fine at first but after a few months use it became rife with problems. I couldn't get rid of this "notch" in the travel of thing and adjusting it was hard work. There's a center brass rod in the thing that the whole main unit moves along, and there's a screw-pin to lock the main spring unit in place. Well, by the time I got rid of the "notch" in the travel the bar was bent and crooked because the pin had to be tight enough to stop the travel of the main spring unit, but when it was tight enough it bent the bar! The Tremsetter, basically, broke itself.

I took it off, restored the guitar to it's original state and junked the thing. I think the Tremsetter would work best for non-locking trem users who use their trems moderately, not for Floyd-abuse nuts like me.

Although having the bridge stay put during bends was nice. I'm looking into an Ibanez Backstop system for my guitar, which is like a dual, improved tremsetter. Steve Vai uses one.

Comment

Working...
      X