Pop Pups Out Quicker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop Pups Out Quicker

Well i can't decide on any pickup. sure all the clips make it a bit easier but i would just want to try them out myself so my question is there an easy design that allows you to change the pickups from your guitar easier.

i mean EVH used some backloading thing and i think that would help because you don't need to take off the strings.. just wondered if there was a guitar out there that was really easy to change pickups on. or what design would allow someone to do it easy
    see the creation of this world
    see it all reduced to ash
    in the blink of a sunken eye
    i see one hundred winters pass
    my blessing, my curse
    perpetually i'm damned to earth
    of a soul i am bereft
    forever dying to be dead - Black Dahlia Murders

Re: Pop Pups Out Quicker

Why dont you ask our nice friend eddie?

Comment

Gibson made a few Les pauls like this that we´re sent to dealers for pickup testing. I think about 200 or so exist.

The MusicMan Silhouette is also designed to have the pickguards changed out prety quick. IIRC they´re still in production, but on these the whole guard gets changed, so loosening strings isn´t such a bad idea

Those are the only 2 I know of, even the Backloading thing with EVH surprised me, as I´ve only seen him with direct-mounted pickups in his axes.....
      Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Yeah my MusicMan Silhouette Specail has a plug in connector..you wire pickguards up, and you can swap em out- a great idea. I have 2, in HSS and HH configurations. I like the HH better.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Hey on that MusicMan Silhouette Special. how did you get the HH.. all i can see at the ernie ball website is HSS SSS.. that piezeio bridge is nice too
          see the creation of this world
          see it all reduced to ash
          in the blink of a sunken eye
          i see one hundred winters pass
          my blessing, my curse
          perpetually i'm damned to earth
          of a soul i am bereft
          forever dying to be dead - Black Dahlia Murders

Comment

I ordered the pickguard from Chandler, the people who make EB/MM Pickguards...they made me a special HH one..then I put duncans in
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'm kinda suprised no one mentioned this earlier - Ever look at some EMG pups? They've got that connector on them that attaches to the wires/pots. You've still got to unscrew the pups, but they're remarkably easy to swap around with other EMGs, provided you don't want to do any goofy wiring.

With a bit of time/patience/solder, you could make a similar system for duncan pups. I've thought about it, but the truth is, i just don't swap pups that often.
              Teenagers can't sing the Blues. They ain't fixin' to die yet. Adults sing the Blues. In Blues, "adulthood" means being old enough to get the electric chair if you shoot a man in Memphis.

Comment

Originally posted by Byakhee00
                I'm kinda suprised no one mentioned this earlier - Ever look at some EMG pups? They've got that connector on them that attaches to the wires/pots. You've still got to unscrew the pups, but they're remarkably easy to swap around with other EMGs, provided you don't want to do any goofy wiring.

With a bit of time/patience/solder, you could make a similar system for duncan pups. I've thought about it, but the truth is, i just don't swap pups that often.
                my ESP has that with the EMG HZ, only problem is htat u have to get a whole new setup if u want actives, i cant jsut switch out the HZ's for real ones, but that would be insane if you could

Comment

I just saw the gibson L.P. one the other day. the pups plug in like a 9v battery. all of the volume and tone pot wiring stays. the pups attach to a block of wood that fits into the back of the guitar. the strings don't need to be messed with at all.
                  Electric: G&l Legacy cstm, 73 strat, HM strat, 76 tele deluxe, Tele-Sonic, James Trussart Rusty Steelcaster, Gibson: ES-295, LP Studio, 2001 R9, 2004 R8 cloud 9 , Charvel M#5 (1st guitar). rickenbacker 400? bass, Acoustic: martin d-15, old epiphone flattop, 50's gibson flattop, flatiron mandolin, harmony electric mandolin
                  gibson, marshall, fender, magnatone, THD amps
                  SD pickups: Jb,CC, Sethlover, '59, Pearly Gates, JB jr, lil 59, hot & cool rails. tele antiquity. Strat antiquity II

Comment

Originally posted by Byakhee00
                    I'm kinda suprised no one mentioned this earlier - Ever look at some EMG pups? They've got that connector on them that attaches to the wires/pots. You've still got to unscrew the pups, but they're remarkably easy to swap around with other EMGs, provided you don't want to do any goofy wiring....
                    I thought of it immediately, BUUUUT...

...mean EVH used some backloading thing and i think that would help because you don't need to take off the strings
                    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Working...
                    X