My band mate just bought a Fender Cyber Twin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My band mate just bought a Fender Cyber Twin

There's a CyberTwin at my local shop for $899. Is that a good deal?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
      If he makes it, drop me a PM ahead of time. If he's going to come all the way across the pond, the least I could do is drive down to Tampa to share a "pint" with one of our international buds. (If I'm not out-of-state, at the time.)

BTW - I wonder if customs is different if he buys "parts". Like a couple Cyber-Twin speakers, a chassis, a cabinet . . . nod, nod, wink, wink.
      Artie...I'd be more than willing to drive to like Orlando which is 2 hours from me,as i'm sure Norman would more than likely end up there for all of Orlando's attractions...If I had plenty of advance notice,I'd drive out to see and meet you both..I would enjoy that alot..The drive for me is easy..I4 all the way to Orlando pretty much..

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
        I'd love to hook up with you buddy...I'll just be sure to tie all of my goodies to something really solid! I think I'm pretty safe with my lefty stuff at least?

So Norman...Unless you can actually get what you want within the UK,it isn't worth it right? Because of the customs and the jacked up shipping prices to you? No one near you sells the Fender product because it's an american company then? Guess I take some of what we have and are able to get,for granted.. If you get to the West Coast of florida,you look us up..

John
        John,

You can be safe with your lefty guitars although I think your "lefty pedals" might need to be tied down!! I have bought plenty of stuff directly from the US, because it has been cheaper (weak dollar etc) and on some occasions I have manged to work round the customs problem. However it is difficult to persuade business/shops to assist me in the latter, as they have to ensure that their books are auditable. As with anything if I can find something which I want in the UK and the price is right then I will go for it. I have bought my Hamers, PRS's, Gibson 335's from the US for the simple reason that I just cannot get these guitars at the sort of prices in the UK. Of course I can go and get Fender and other products but I object to paying stupid prices. Very recently Jeff_H (very kindly) has got me a US Highway strat and even with shipping etc it still works out cheaper than me buying one here - figure that one out?? I could even sell this at a profit straightway, but I know that it will be a working guitar.

Now the price for the Fender Cyber Twin, alright it was an ex-demo model and cost £599 ($1075), but typically these are selling in the UK for £1000 ($1800). Now you cannot tell me that even when selling it at the knock down price of £599 ($1075) that the company has made a loss - of course they have not.

We in the UK and parts of Europe get ripped off, typically this means having to pay the equivalent in £ to the $. So if something cost $1000 this would be £1000 ($1800) in the UK. Really strange things is that some UK products (Vox and Marshall) are cheaper to buy in the US then in the UK??? So when you see some of us UK guys ranting about how cheap it is for you guys in the US you must not forget that it is almost twice the price in the UK.

So yes some of you guys are really lucky and be thankful for what you have got there - the exceptions being NY and LA where nearly everything is a little bit more expensive!!

Norman
        Normans Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Norman_T
          John,

You can be safe with your lefty guitars although I think your "lefty pedals" might need to be tied down!! I have bought plenty of stuff directly from the US, because it has been cheaper (weak dollar etc) and on some occasions I have manged to work round the customs problem. However it is difficult to persuade business/shops to assist me in the latter, as they have to ensure that their books are auditable. As with anything if I can find something which I want in the UK and the price is right then I will go for it. I have bought my Hamers, PRS's, Gibson 335's from the US for the simple reason that I just cannot get these guitars at the sort of prices in the UK. Of course I can go and get Fender and other products but I object to paying stupid prices. Very recently Jeff_H (very kindly) has got me a US Highway strat and even with shipping etc it still works out cheaper than me buying one here - figure that one out?? I could even sell this at a profit straightway, but I know that it will be a working guitar.

Now the price for the Fender Cyber Twin, alright it was an ex-demo model and cost £599 ($1075), but typically these are selling in the UK for £1000 ($1800). Now you cannot tell me that even when selling it at the knock down price of £599 ($1075) that the company has made a loss - of course they have not.

We in the UK and parts of Europe get ripped off, typically this means having to pay the equivalent in £ to the $. So if something cost $1000 this would be £1000 ($1800) in the UK. Really strange things is that some UK products (Vox and Marshall) are cheaper to buy in the US then in the UK??? So when you see some of us UK guys ranting about how cheap it is for you guys in the US you must not forget that it is almost twice the price in the UK.

So yes some of you guys are really lucky and be thankful for what you have got there - the exceptions being NY and LA where nearly everything is a little bit more expensive!!

Norman
          That sucks buddy...Come move here to Florida and be in the states! Wish I could make things easier on your purchases and that was really nice of Jeff H to get your strat for you..I'd do the same thing for you and not lose any energy doing it for a friend...

John
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
          X