way to improve neck speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• way to improve neck speed?

both of my necks feel kinda sticky to me, (i just cleaned them too), one is maple w/ maple board, the other is mahog w/ indian rosewood board....they both have been feeling rather slow recently, its almost as if they have to warm up for 15 minutes, and once my hand starts sweating they fly like normal....is there anything ican put on there to speed them up?
    Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
    Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
    Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
    Crate VC-3112
    Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
    Fender Bassman 60

Re: way to improve neck speed?

Try cleaning the neck with a product called Napfta(I'm not sure thats the right spelling). If you can't find it use lighter fluid (no matches). the stickiness you feel will come of with the Napfta
    "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

thanks, i actaully just cleaned them using my own method:

spit in a rag (alot alot of spit), apply spit to neck, use dry rag
      get a rag wet (really wet) apply water, use dry rag to dry....

they seem silky, but will this harm any of the wood, ? rosewood, mahog and maple (canadian rock maple to be specific)
      Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
      Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
      Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
      Crate VC-3112
      Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
      Fender Bassman 60

Comment

Originally posted by Bludave
        Try cleaning the neck with a product called Napfta(I'm not sure thats the right spelling). If you can't find it use lighter fluid (no matches). the stickiness you feel will come of with the Napfta
        Naphtha is ok unless the axe is finished in Nitro. On a Nitro finish you run the risk of ruining the finish, particularly on older instruments where the finish has finally dried out.

Naphtha IS Lighter fluid, BTW

Normal guitar polish every once in a while, otherwise just spit /"Breathe" on it every so often and use a clean rag.. You can use water on the back of the neck, but use it sparingly and try to avoid the fretboard.
        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Working...
        X