Please help on saddle dimentions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help on saddle dimentions

Hi guys. I have a highway 1 strat. The bridge is vintage 6 screw (standard fender vintage tremolo) and the saddles are vintage style saddles.
    Now i'm looking to replace my saddles with graph tec string savers. The ones on all parts are 7/16 of an inch wide. Is that what mine are? (Or 13/32 ")

size saddles to replace 6 vintage saddles?

Also will a 1 11/16" nut work to replace a 1 5/8 nut? I only see 1 11/16 bone nuts on allparts, but I have a 1 5/8 nut .... Will it work? I guess maybe I should buy a few blanks and have my tech cut me one?

What do you guys advice?

Thanks a ton in advance!!
    my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
    A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Re: Please help on saddle dimentions

Frantic -

I also looked at the graphtech's for my Highway 1, but decided to try a top of the line vintage replacement set of saddles. I am really liking the vintage trem on this guitar, so I wanted to keep it stock looking. You can always e-mail graphtech and they will get right back to you. They will let you know which one's fit...they do make a model for the vintage bridge.

As for the nut, a blank may be the best way to go. I know the nut on my Hwy 1 needs some work. I would imagine you can find a bone nut in the dimensions you need, I'm just not sure where. I haven't researched it enough yet. I think I will go with a slipstone from Stewmac when I do mine, and take it to Lew to have him do it right.

Check out this site. I highly recommend his stuff. I'm putting on a set of the saddles this weekend, and I bought a pick guard shield, a 64' trem arm and a baseplate for the bridge of my strat.

Callaham Guitars

They Hwy 1's are great strats, very underated. Nice tone and a great price.
    My Sound Clips

Comment

Thanks Jeff man!

Ya i know you wanna keep it stock looking :P

Mine, however is already messed up - sperzels, mini switch..., cream pickups in white pickguard, hotrail in bridge, mismatched springs in the back, etc... This is my #1 guitar so I just care about it screaming!

Highway 1 wars?!?

BTW I answered my own question I just took a ruler and measured my saddles - yes they're 7/16s... So I'm going with the black string savers from allparts. the 13/32s I guess are the yamaha pacifica type ones (I THINK...) or something thinner....

Comment

FYI - they also make a new saddle model that is silver on the outside and just has the graphtec material recessed inside where the string makes contact. They look almost identical to the Fender Am Standard saddles.

Introducing FerraGlide

Graph Tech Guitar Labs has taken patented String Saver polymer technology and combined it as an insert into solid stainless steel saddles to create our new FerraGlide String Saving Steel Saddle System. The result is vintage good looks, the bite of steel tone, and a dramatic reduction in string breakage!

Product Catalog
        My Sound Clips

Comment

Funny, I was looking for a similar thing - I have a Gotoh tele humbucker bridge, and as far as I could tell the closest graph techs were vintage narrow (most types come in a Standard and a Narrow part #). The lengths & heights were different though.

Go to... stewmac.com, I think it was, whether they have the dimensions listed under the tech data tab for each item, and measure the length across all 6 saddles & compare to find the right ones.
          Homemade Tas Oak Tele w/ SD Custom 4 & strat Blue Lace Sensor, Boogie DC-3

Comment

Thanks guys!
            Yes I went to stew mac and checked the 13/32s out. But I went with 7/16 stringsavers from allparts. Thanks everybody for your help.
            I got both nuts a 1 5/8 graphite and a bone nut blank to see what the tech recommends.

I also gotta check out my shielding that I did. Because the guitar still hums louder than any unshielded strat! (LOL). I did a very neat job overall but I MUST be missing something.

Thanks.
            Alex.

Comment

Working...
            X