New Bass GAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bass GAS

For wierd bass sounds, the fender mustang bass works pretty well, but it needed to be the sacrificial lamb for a new round of GAS

a Guitar Logo Charvel 1B with one of them crazy drop d tuners, and a kahler bass trem. A bit spendy for a 1B, but i'm sure the kahler doesn't help bring the price down. The intent with this bass was to have some flavor of P-Bass, with a "wierd thing" able to go on. And since i've been looking for a maple neck P-Bass, and a bass with a kahler (and somewhat kicking around the idea of one of the drop d tuners) this seems like a pretty good fit.

Once it arrives, i'll get to do some super fun pickup swaping to figure out which pups i wanna have in it. Probably an SPB-2 Hot or an SPB-3 Quarter Pound.
    Teenagers can't sing the Blues. They ain't fixin' to die yet. Adults sing the Blues. In Blues, "adulthood" means being old enough to get the electric chair if you shoot a man in Memphis.

Re: New Bass GAS

I like it.

-X
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Weird but I like it in a odd sort of way. Never played one with a trem before so it would be interesting to have a review when it's in your chops.
      Normans Guitars

Comment

Kahler Bass trems rule, and thatŽs a sweet bass even without it. The Hipshot Bass extender key (that "thingie" on the e string) is a great product, I used to mount one on every bass I had.

If you donŽt like her; I may well be interested. But Japanese Charvels are usually great quality and wonderful players. YouŽll probably keep her for a while

But I WILL take the pickup off you if you do switch it out, assuming youŽll sell it then
        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

I've heard good things about the kahler bass trems. Too bad they never really got popular. what i was looking for is a bass that will musically challenge me. I'm gonna have to teach myself how to use a trem on a bass, since i don't believe there is a whole lot of info out there about how to use it properly. I'm assuming like a guitar, using a pick... Which is a departure from my usual finger style. I'll be sure to post a review of the bass, and let everyone know what i think of it.

I'm already pretty sure i'm gonna swap out the pup. The only issue is that i'm kinda tight on money, and i can't afford to replace it right away... so i probably won't actually replace it untill the end of the summer. So, zerberus, to answer your question, i'll more than likely sell it to ya, it will just be a while.

The real question is: which pup? the maple neck will brighten, the kahler trem will darken, the reverse p will bring out more mids... ah screw it... i'll let you know when i get it, and do some swapping.
          Teenagers can't sing the Blues. They ain't fixin' to die yet. Adults sing the Blues. In Blues, "adulthood" means being old enough to get the electric chair if you shoot a man in Memphis.

Comment

Working...
          X