Those ghetto home invetions of yours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Those ghetto home invetions of yours

Well I'm the only one in my band who has a, y'know, job, so we can't afford any "fancy" equipment like mic stands...so we're in the garage singing into a mic that'd duct taped to a rake that's being held up by a Christmas tree stand.

It's amazing what you'll think of after a joint and some Mountain Dew...
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Re: Those ghetto home invetions of yours

When I was 15(1993ish) or so a couple of friends of mine and I used to jam together a lot. We wanted to do a recording to my computer's sound recording program via some riduculously early rendition of a sound blaster(ISA). The whole thing was so ghetto. The drummer had snagged a few vocal mics from school and he had a really cheap Radio Shack DJ mixer. We hung 2 mics off my ceiling fan and used paper plates around them to creat some sort of baffle(in our minds...in retrospect, this was unbelievably retarded). We used the one mic stand we had to mic the bass cab. I crammed the 4th mic in between my mattress and box spring because it was sorta near one of the speakers in my 4x12 cab. We didn't have the right adaptors to go into the sound card, so we used like 4 different adaptors to get down to a miniplug. Uggh...what a mess.

We recorded a couple of Satriani tunes and YYZ or something like that. Pretty hilarious. I remember taking a tape out to my dad's truck to listen back to it. There was this weird booming sound every once in awhile. After much deliberation we realized the damn bass player had been swinging his leg while he was play and kicking his microphone!!

Ah, those were the days. Who'd a thought the drummer and I would go on to be professional audio engineers and I'd be an LA session player...hilarious....

Mike

Comment

Working...
      X