Multi Effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi Effects

Could I have some help with this i just havent been able 2 decide. The Digitech GNX4 or the Pod XT with the Floorboard. Which would be more suitable 4 a rock tone. Or any other suggestions.
    Epiphone Les Paul Standard, Dean Baby Z, Fender Squier Affinty Strat.

Marshall AVT 100, Fender Frontman 15G

Boss HM-3, DS-1, Dunlop Crybaby Original

Line 6 Pod 2.0

Re: Multi Effects

what will you be using it for? ... recording? ... live? ... in front of an amp? .. in the effects loop of an amp? .. direct to a PA? ...

all things being equal, i like the pod w/ pedal over the digitech .. but it's just a preference thing ...

also, have you played them both? if so, what did you think?

good luck
    t4d
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days
      all things being equal, i like the pod w/ pedal over the digitech .. but it's just a preference thing ...
      I prefer the Digitech....but as stated here, it's due to preference.
      I'd say both are real solid choices, and ultimately it'd come down to your
      ears.
      PRS McCarty Korina loaded w/Godwoods
      PRS Custom 22 loaded w/Dragon IIs
      GJ2 Shredder loaded w/Habaneros
      Rivera Knucklehead 55 Reverb/Blackstar HT-1/VHT Special Ultra 6
      Avatar 2X12 loaded with V30 & G12H30
      various pedals

Comment

I just picked up a Boss ME-50, it's a multi-effects pedal without the amp modelers. I'm going to use it in front of my Recto and Orange tube amps.

• Effects
        Tone Modify,
        Compressor,
        Overdrive/Distortion,
        Chorus,
        Phaser,
        Flanger,
        Harmonist,
        Tremolo,
        Pan,
        Vibrato,
        UNI-V,
        Rotary,
        Delay,
        Reverb,
        Noise Suppressor

• [Effects for Expression Pedal]:
        Foot Volume,
        Wah,
        Resonance,
        Voice,
        Ring Modulator,
        Bend (+1 OCTAVE, -1 OCTAVE)

Comment

The ME50 is a way cool pedal.
          I'd take the POD XT Pro over the GNX stuff cuz I find Digitech's tone in the GNX series to be a bit lacking. Have you thought about a GT6 at all?

Personally I have a TC Electronic G Major and I've never been so satisfied with a single product in my life.

Comment

I love the ME-50, very user friendly - I sold a digitech 2120 (great unit) because I am tecnologically challenged - prefer the simplicity of the ME-50 - also a great unit. Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by take2
              I love the ME-50, very user friendly - I sold a digitech 2120 (great unit) because I am tecnologically challenged - prefer the simplicity of the ME-50 - also a great unit. Good Luck
              That's another thing... the BOSS units are relatively idiot-proof while the Digitechs require a bit of a learning curve.

Comment

well i have the korg toneworks ax1500g and that thing is awesome. slightly mor expensive than the boss me50 i think or maybe the same price now, but its worth the cash.

as for the pod xt, hmm, it will cost u a lot with the floorboard. and also as the guys said its really based more on which pedal u like after trying them, but i've tried all these before and the ax1500g IMO is the best deal for under $400

well theres is also the boss gt-6 which i think beats the crap outta most multi-efx pedals out there.
                1987 Ibanez RG550: Steve Special, SSL-2, Air Norton
                1999 Jackson PS6T-KE: Crazy 8
                Jackson KVX10: X2N
                1997 Epi Les Paul Slash: Virtual PAF, Hum From Hell
                Early 90's Yamaha RGZ621D: JB, Screamin' Demon
                http://fusionken.blogspot.com
                http://project-jeng.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by TattooedCarrot
                  I just picked up a Boss ME-50, it's a multi-effects pedal without the amp modelers. I'm going to use it in front of my Recto and Orange tube amps.

I've got an ME-50 and I'm really happy with it. It's fun when you find a tone you like, but the best part is that if you ever get bored you've got all the other crap to mess around with. It's a good "idea machine" when you plug some headphones into and turn the knobs every which way.

My only complaints are that the pre-sets really suck, the acoustic simulator doesn't actually sound like an acoustic guitar (even though it does sound good), and the pitch shifting is only plus or minus one octave (rather than two, like the Digitech Whammy). The complaints are minor really, but I hope they do make some of those adjustments on the next ME-50.
                  Last edited by Closed Eye; 04-19-2004, 12:50 AM.

Comment

I like the Line 6 Edit
                    Epiphone Les Paul Standard, Dean Baby Z, Fender Squier Affinty Strat.

Marshall AVT 100, Fender Frontman 15G

Boss HM-3, DS-1, Dunlop Crybaby Original

Line 6 Pod 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by I_M_Ken
                      well i have the korg toneworks ax1500g and that thing is awesome. slightly mor expensive than the boss me50 i think or maybe the same price now, but its worth the cash.
                      I bought that same thing second hand, it rocks, does everything you want!
                      Epiphone Les Paul Studio (59 neck and JB bridge)
                      Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80 watts)
                      Korg AX1500G multi-fx
                      RAT
                      Boss PH-1r
                      Ibanez cf-7
                      Ibanwz ts-7
                      Danelectro tremolo
                      Vintage RAT - needs a fix!

Not much else - it does the job

Dooogz is taking a break from SD - ill be back soon crew!

Comment

Do you guys running the ME-50 run it in the loop or in front of the amp?

J
                        Low wattage rocks!
                        Bumbox Lead 1
                        Orange Tiny Terror
                        Vox 120VTH
                        ----------------------
                        Gibson LP Standard - SG Supreme
                        Agile LP-2500 - Jackson JSX-94

Comment

Re: the question about running it through the loop or in front of the amp - I run mine through the loop of my VHT head to get stereo effects but I'll just run it in front of the Princeton Chorus - both work well and sound great.

Comment

Originally posted by Dooogz
                            I bought that same thing second hand, it rocks, does everything you want!
                            Glad to hear about your successful purchase

Comment

Originally posted by JfromHouston
                              Do you guys running the ME-50 run it in the loop or in front of the amp?

J
                              In front of the amp. I like that straight in feeling a little more, and haven't really had an huge interest to run things in stereo...

However, running it in stereo like take2 said means you can utilize effects like the stereo chorus and speaker pan effects to their full ability.

Comment

Working...
                              X