Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pics of my ibanez 540 with duncans

'59n / duckbucker m / C5b

check out the (mis)alignment of the C5 in the bridge ... how bad does it look to you?

cheers,
    t4d
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Re: pics of my ibanez 540 with duncans

Originally posted by tone4days

check out the (mis)alignment of the C5 in the bridge ... how bad does it look to you?

cheers,
    t4d
    To me it looks like you need a trembucker for sure
    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

my turn! Little '59 - cool rails - distortion

Comment

thanks zerb ... yeah, i am gonna fuss with it a little longer and see if i can get it "just right".. when i get some disposable $$, i will go ahead and swap it

xeromus - SWEET S guitar !!! .. i gotta get my act together here for recording some clips ... then we can to a 'hot rodded S guitar' thread over on the clips board

cheers,
        t4d
        gear list in profile

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

nice looking guitars guys! thanks for the pic tone4days!
          esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
          fender mim standard strat
          peavey classic 30
          johnson j-station
          original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
          dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
          yamaha f-310p acoustic
          taylor 410 acoustic
          "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

nice looking guitars.

i gotta get an S guitar now!
            EBAY... HERE I COME!!

Comment

t4d - yeah a trem spaced will help quite a bit. My distortion is a trem spaced in there and lines up perfectly. We should have ourselves a regular ol' S jam session. You've got quite a few years on me though so I think your playing might kick my butt.

Thanks for the compliments guys. tone4days and I converse over our guitars every once in a while because we got lucky enough to get some of the old Custom USA made S-series made around '89-'91. Great guitars. Very playable.

Comment

Nice axe. It looks kinda like your avatar .
                || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Misalignment, eh? Count me in… here’s my Invader in my S540. I’ve addressed this before in the previous forum & the board members assured me that’s it’s just a visual casualty, the tone remains in-tact, etc… yeah I agree. Wish the trem spaced Invader are available off the shelf as opposed to a custom shop order…

Psychic Horns

Comment

Originally posted by screamingdaisy
                    Nice axe. It looks kinda like your avatar .

yup yup - self same as the avatar .. just upgraded with duncans
                    Last edited by tone4days; 04-18-2004, 06:08 PM.
                    gear list in profile

Comment

[QUOTE=bloodswords]Misalignment, eh? Count me in… here’s my Invader in my S540. I’ve addressed this before in the previous forum & the board members assured me that’s it’s just a visual casualty, the tone remains in-tact, etc… yeah I agree. [QUOTE]
                      The Invader has a pretty large magnetic field due to those screws and having 3 1/4" thick magnets (one center, two on the outside) so that thing is pretty strong!
                      ScreamingDaisy: I don't do sympathy. If you want sympathy, it can be found in the dictionary between sh*t and syphilis.

Comment

Ibanez's with Duncans kick ass Heres mine:

The trembucker spacing lines up perfectly with the OFR on mine. FS-JB Jr-DD
                        Ibanez RG 470 Hotrodded w/ OFR, SD FS/JB Jr(b)/DD, 90% of original hardware replaced
                        Jim Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby Hotrodded w/ TB, LED indicator, BC109s, will have sweep range selector and booster circuit
                        Carl Martin Rock Drive
                        ISP Decimator
                        BOSS DD-3
                        Laney LC-15R

My Rig

Comment

Yup, that assurance was there too- the cap’s wide enough to capture the strings vibtations… but the fact that a trem-spaced version is available as special order means it can be done.

But hey, I love my Invader, misaligned anomaly & all… it makes me… em… more intimidating tone-wise (in a good way, of course).
                          Psychic Horns

Comment

C5b, SSL-2m, SCR-1n

..not perfectly aligned either, but no big whup.
                            Life's a journey, pack a lunch!.

Comment

Working...
                            X